Toronto U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (Phase 1) | 64.8m | 13s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi

20200128_075934.jpg
20200128_080004.jpg
20200128_080113.jpg
20200128_080312.jpg

I note a "future" TTC connection in those plans. Wonder what it will take to bridge the gap. Issue could be TTC not wishing to trigger building code requirements maybe?

In the last few months have had occasion to exit Queens Park and walk past this development twice a week. A better above ground exit building which is not merely an entrance to the subway but also provides more comfort to riders waiting for the 506 in inclement weather would be a good thing.

I note a "future" TTC connection in those plans. Wonder what it will take to bridge the gap. Issue could be TTC not wishing to trigger building code requirements maybe?

In the last few months have had occasion to exit Queens Park and walk past this development twice a week. A better above ground exit building which is not merely an entrance to the subway but also provides more comfort to riders waiting for the 506 in inclement weather would be a good thing.
There's already a tunnel linking to the provincial government buildings nearby to Queen's Park station.

There's already a tunnel linking to the provincial government buildings nearby to Queen's Park station.
The PATH map lists exits to MARS and the building on the west side of University but not the exit beside the northeast elevator which presumably is the one you mean. It may be that this is not considered a “public” connection. Am usually in a rush passing that way but if possible will take a closer look soon

Edit: I think this is the one in question https://www.blogto.com/city/2014/11/whats_the_story_with_the_secret_tunnel_at_queens_park/

Last edited:
I have seen a few comments about whether the Banting Institute is going to be demolished, so I wanted to point out this paragraph of the zoning approval of phase 1 which states the City determined the Best Institute did not have heritage value but the Banting Institute will be designated. If it can't be demolished I assume phase 2 will need to be revised.
Best:Banting Heritage.png

The PATH map lists exits to MARS and the building on the west side of University but not the exit beside the northeast elevator which presumably is the one you mean. It may be that this is not considered a “public” connection. Am usually in a rush passing that way but if possible will take a closer look soon

Edit: I think this is the one in question https://www.blogto.com/city/2014/11/whats_the_story_with_the_secret_tunnel_at_queens_park/
Yes, that's the tunnel that I mentioned.

It's the one guarded by the OPP officer by the elevator on the northeast corner.

I have seen a few comments about whether the Banting Institute is going to be demolished, so I wanted to point out this paragraph of the zoning approval of phase 1 which states the City determined the Best Institute did not have heritage value but the Banting Institute will be designated. If it can't be demolished I assume phase 2 will need to be revised.View attachment 231172

It’ll be interesting to see if the City puts its foot down on this one. It would set up quite the fight with U of T — and a rather pointless one at that, given that the university has a final trump card to play if it gets to that point.

Back