Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

^I know what you mean cdr, looking at the models, the whole complex looks very self contained. But most of the blocked off area is just driveway for cars and the whole complex is surrounded by the grounds of the church and U of T.

I like the townhouses in all parts of this development except along Bay. I have a feeling the window blinds will be drawn shut all all times, which is a real shame.

It reminds me of the townhouses on Charles at 1 St. Thomas, where I think they should have raised the main floor half a story to give everyone a bit more privacy and then have stairs going up like old brownstones.

Dropped in to the sales centre Sunday aft, and while I really like the exterior of the buildings, the interiors leave much to be desired. Poor layouts, mediocre finishes and all at $600 sq ft. About $150 too much imho (especially in this economy). Sales centre was very quiet as well.

The town homes suck .... enough said.

No matter what material they use or how beautiful they turn out.

Love the towers, hate the boxy feel of the townhomes. I feel like they can do more here.

That being said, the stone looks similar to U of T and that is exciting. So if the townhomes are built, let's hope the exterior is something worth budding about.

The townhomes don't really match the buildings if you ask me. I do like them though. They're really nice.

Also, from the models, it appears those podium pillars are not going to actually be a part of the structure. I was hoping they would be the actual supports, like the renders suggested.

Also, from the models, it appears those podium pillars are not going to actually be a part of the structure. I was hoping they would be the actual supports, like the renders suggested.

You definitely called it. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the model. I wanted to ask one of the staff but they were both on the phone pretty much the whole time.

Lets hope though!

Why should Bay not have retail?
Why shouldn't the building front on to Bay with the town homes in the back.

Why should Bay not have retail?
Why shouldn't the building front on to Bay with the town homes in the back.

I like those town homes, but was thinking the same thing. Yonge Street is already full of retail from one end to the other with spill over already occuring on to Bay. Indigo? Canadian Tire? It's already happening. Most of Bay from Queen to Bloor has been poorly designed. Not only is the level of architecture lacking, but they haven't had the foresight to realize that as Toronto grows, Bay will eventually be needed as another retail strip.

In 20 years, Bay should really end up looking like Bloor does now. There should be over sized podiums for retail with offices and residential above. Much of Bay will make this evolution very very difficult without very expensive alterations to many of the buildings.

To who ever buys a townhouse on Bay Street, good luck getting to sleep at night!

Townhouses fronting Bay is ludicrous. Perhaps it's a retail section, designed to look like the townhouses along the other sides. If it's not, it should be, as residential entrances off of this section of Bay make no sense.

That entire block is non-retail as it is. Now it will be residential and institutional.

There's already plenty of retail nearby. But that being said, I'm not sure I'd ever want a townhouse fronting onto Bay.

This is the darkest render I've seen which I don't believe has been posted. This is from page 8 of the (ever slimmer) March 16-30th Condo Guide.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back