Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I was expecting parking be outside, open air. How is it going to be ventilated? Would not one get fumes in the apartments?
Lots of buildings have above grade interior parking - Market Wharf on Lower Jarvis is another local example. Usually done because the developer is too mean to dig deeper and/or remove contaminated soil. (The area below "Waste of Time & Space" was capped to prevent pollution migrating into building.) Obviously, as with below grade garages, there are exhaust fans.

Lots of buildings have above grade interior parking - Market Wharf on Lower Jarvis is another local example. Usually done because the developer is too mean to dig deeper and/or remove contaminated soil. (The area below "Waste of Time & Space" was capped to prevent pollution migrating into building.) Obviously, as with below grade garages, there are exhaust fans.
Thanks

6C326C5C-AC7F-4709-9405-56810CEB97CE.jpeg

I was hoping for something close to the Mirvish Village development. The choices on the exterior are disappointing.

There was never any chance of this being anything close to Mirvish Village. The developers had very different aspirations for this site.
To maximize profit with little invested overhead as possible, versus creating a living breathing space that attracts everyone. This project certainly demonstrates the former. /sigh

There was never any chance of this being anything close to Mirvish Village. The developers had very different aspirations for this site.
Not sure the aspirations were totally different. Both wanted to make a decent profit, one decided they could make a bigger one by building a monstrosity that does not suit its neighbourhood and use cheap (or cheap looking) material. Greed!

not sure if it's still airing but when I was young there was a show on TV called Mighty Machines which (aside from having a killer opening theme song) definitely instilled an interest in construction / machinery in young me. Quality is kind of bad and the content might be a bit dated now but if your young one is into watching construction machines, it's worth throwing on!

I was catching up on this thread and boy did this post ever bring back my childhood damn. Anyway yea this entire development is a disaster imo

Back