Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Sherbourne is closed at Front today, but it seems to be to lift the excavators out of the Whitfield pit. I haven't seen any signs of a closure of Front at Princess.
Yes, they clearly did not close it on Thursday evening! Perhaps T&S has decided to apply for more height?? The road closure is still on the City website. https://www.toronto.ca/services-payments/streets-parking-transportation/road-restrictions-closures/restrictions-map/#location=front%20and%20princess&lat=43.717754&lng=-79.381027

Adding my comments late to the discussion - I think there's a value to a bossy building taking up a lot of space. New York has them, and they can be thrilling in their monstrosity. And brutalism thrives in monotonous repetition. What I'm more disappointed in is the messy and fussy way that Wallman has tried to soften its monstrosity. It's trying to give the feeling of multiple buildings but in the end, it feels like a neighbourhood's facades have been pasted onto a heaving - yes, chonk - of a building.

The building is not quite G+C level, but it's close. It's clear that the design was finessed for the developer (look at all of these lake-viewing terraces!) rather than for the community.

At one point, Wallman looked like it would be a worthy offshoot of AA, but they have not lived up to the promise.

I think there's a difference of being imposing in a good and/or interesting ways versus being oppressive in bad and/or bland ways. This building seems more the latter than the former.

I remember earlier in this thread there was discussion as to if the whole building would share the one fire alarm. It appears there’s at least 3 separate zones because the fire alarm in the southwest quarter has been ringing and flashing off and on over the past few days.

The sidewalk is now open on the southern half of Princess:

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

IMG_7813.JPG

IMG_7814.JPG

IMG_7815.JPG

I remember earlier in this thread there was discussion as to if the whole building would share the one fire alarm. It appears there’s at least 3 separate zones because the fire alarm in the southwest quarter has been ringing and flashing off and on over the past few days.

The sidewalk is now open on the southern half of Princess:

View attachment 484826
View attachment 484827
View attachment 484828
View attachment 484829
View attachment 484830
Not Pemberton's fault, but note the TTC stop sign on the pole. This was for the 65 bus, which has not run on Princess southbound for 2 years. It would really not take the TTC much effort to remove it. If they can't do simple and cheap things, one wonders about the other more complex stuff

Last edited:
The crane removal, scheduled for last weekend, did not happen. According to street signage, it is scheduled for this weekend. Front will be closed for 3 days - Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Yeah, we got postings in our building this morning saying it's happening this weekend. Presumably they wouldn't poster our building unless they are pretty committed.

There appeared to have been a burst water pipe about half way up on the Sherbourne side this afternoon.

Back