Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Impressive render. This development could be an indication of a turning point away from the soul sucking green glass boxes that have infected this city like a chronic virus. However, it's too modest to be the turning point. For that we need something on the order of Absolute to shake our milquetoast developers out of their complacent, bean counting stupor. (And the deeply compromised "L" Tower ain't "the one".)

Last edited:
That looks fantastic. I saw the rooftop element and thought "hey, that looks like Lumiere". Checked the thread title and sure enough, Rudy Wallman at the helm again.

Yorkville Condominiums, Lumiere, X2, 300 Front, Bisha... I'm starting to like Wallman's stuff more than Clewes'.

Yorkville Condominiums, Lumiere, X2, 300 Front, Bisha... I'm starting to like Wallman's stuff more than Clewes'.

I was just thinking the same thing. While aA does some beautiful work, it has become very safe and almost boring, right down to their design for bloor street, so it is nice to see something fresh

wallman's projects are all different from one another and clewes' are all similar, safe and kind of chararcterless (all things I wish for our country NOT to be).

I was just thinking the same thing. While aA does some beautiful work, it has become very safe and almost boring, right down to their design for bloor street, so it is nice to see something fresh

Very nice but low-E, low-iron glazing? Curtain wall or window wall? Ed077Toronto? interchange42? Mr. Wallman? Anyone?

Last edited:
Former partners, Wallman vs Clewes has been turning into a local clash of the titans lately!

Question: which wall is the angled wall? From the bottom, it looks one way, from the top, it looks another. It almost looks like one of those three-dimensional illusions. Confusing render!

Last edited:
Question: which wall is the angled wall? From the bottom, it looks one way, from the top, it looks another. It almost looks like one of those three-dimensional illusions. Confusing render!

I believe that the street corner is itself at an acute angle, so while the sides of the building are indeed flush with the street, they are not perpendicular to one another.

Back