Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Taken this weekend –such a large project in scale.

IMG_2844.jpg

Didn't realize PointClickCare is moving into this building! I've always known them as having the big former Target Canada HQ in Mississauga near Pearson Airport.

IMG_2845.jpg

Walked through the inner walkways today for the first time in a few months. Things are more coming together now.

If you can, definitely visit it while it's still in this construction phase... pictures don't really do the sense of scale justice. You really feel that sense of ambition and vision here that's often lacking from Toronto and Canada. It's great to see. What a unique project.

IMG_2951.jpg
IMG_2954.jpg
IMG_2956.jpg

No photos, or project news; just something to make avid UT'ers go 'huh'?

I was talking to someone in the industry today, about something else, and I afforded 'The Well' as an example in the conversation.

What came next almost floored me, LOL "What's The Well?"

Amazing how someone who might have bid on work on this site was completely oblivious to its existence as a project.

Last edited:
Walked through the inner walkways today for the first time in a few months. Things are more coming together now.

If you can, definitely visit it while it's still in this construction phase... pictures don't really do the sense of scale justice. You really feel that sense of ambition and vision here that's often lacking from Toronto and Canada. It's great to see. What a unique project.

View attachment 507965View attachment 507966View attachment 507967
The out-of-place aesthetic cheapness of the unfortunate unclad raw concrete pillars are the only letdown in what's otherwise such a stunning and polished project. Should have been wrapped in something stone-like or metallic.

The out-of-place aesthetic cheapness of the unfortunate unclad raw concrete pillars are the only letdown in what's otherwise such a stunning and polished project. Should have been wrapped in something stone-like or metallic.
Agreed! It’s mind-boggling that they spent so much time, effort and money on the finer details elsewhere yet chose to leave the pillars on their front doors naked and unadorned.

Agreed! It’s mind-boggling that they spent so much time, effort and money on the finer details elsewhere yet chose to leave the pillars on their front doors naked and unadorned.
It boggles my mind too. More proof, I guess, that Toronto can't have nice things--unless they come with serious glitches that remind the user that they are in a city that simply will not abide nice things.

It boggles my mind too. More proof, I guess, that Toronto can't have nice things--unless they come with serious glitches that remind the user that they are in a city that simply will not abide nice things.
Yes. Wouldn’t be surprised if Apple will especially design the sign on their Toronto flagship store at The One in Dollarama green or Pizza Pizza orange - just to remind passersby that they’re still in Toronto!

Back