Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

C'mon now the glass isnt as bad as what you're making it out to be. The podium glass could be much better I agree with you there, but what we're seeing on the tower itself is pretty good IMO.

That was exactly my perspective until I went down to see it in-person for the first time. It all looks terrible, even if the tower portions are slightly less terrible.

Looks like they are working on the 18th floor of the office building. We should see the first stepback on the east side begin on the next level.

Took on Saturday/Sunday 25th, 26th

IMG_3398.jpg
IMG_3396.jpg
IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

Those are the most convincing photos ive seen. Both the podium and tower portions are reflecting the same grey sky, and they are different.

Yes and you can see some sort of inset on the tower where the podium glass is used again and is different.

These companies don't develop through luck. Allied and Hariri Pontarini both have great architectural track records because they have highly talented and skilled people applying those talents and skills building after building after building. RioCan does not yet have an architectural track record to boast about, so my money is on someone there pinching the pennies on cheaper glass with iron-oxide impurities in it (that make it green). I just cannot see them achieving the high-tech look that the cross-bracing is supposed to give the building when the glass uses a bottom-of-the-barrel formula.

Sorry to say but now bickering over the glass shades on OFFICE BUILDINGS ...please?
Wow, we've reached a new level on this forum

If you have been paying attention at this forum, you'd know we have been pickering about glass since the early days. You have been here for awhile, right? I mean just because someone think 365 is fine doesn't mean the rest of us have to think it is great.

AoD

If you have been paying attention at this forum, you'd know we have been pickering about glass since the early days. You have been here for awhile, right? I mean just because someone think 365 is fine doesn't mean the rest of us have to think it is great.

AoD
Yeah, many of us look at the big picture and not the small flaws of the development , especially when its still 1/3 into construction

Back