Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

15 trucks for hauling rubble in that shot. Not including any staged on the street. Holy cow.

Also, what's up with those vertical piles in the shale there, by the water truck in the foreground?

Sorry - I meant to highlight those in my comments, but was in a bit of a rush, and it got dropped. What I believe those vertical pile remnants are from is the earlier incarnation of redevelopment for the site, when the Globe and Mail was planning to build a new tower for themselves, at the Front & Spadina corner. The Toyota on Front dealership was moved out (somewhat unwillingly to my knowledge), the dealership's building was demolished, and the planned Globe and Mail redevelopment proceeded to the point that shoring was done along all four sides of the space that was to be incorporated into their new tower.

Having got that far, the development stalled, and the area was converted into a commercial parking lot, until the Thomson family holding company (Woodbridge?) sold the property to the Allied / Riocan / Diamond partnership, after their tentative deal with Mattamy Homes for the site fell through.

When I walked by later this afternoon, all remaining signs of the shoring pile remnants had been excavated away.

Pic taken April 9, 2018

Hoarding on the Wellington street side is nearly completed.

x3619HA.jpg

Today's (Tuesday, April 10) photos. One specific change - in the first photo, at the bottom, a tie-back machine is now starting the second level down row of tie-backs along the Wellington Street retaining wall.

wella.jpg

wellb.jpg

wellc.jpg

Attachments

• wella.jpg
    wella.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 379
  • wellb.jpg
    wellb.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 361
  • wellc.jpg
    wellc.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 390
That hoe sitting on the edge of the clay looks freaky. There's probably more fun stuff to dig up too.

^^^^
Literally our man on the ground

Back