20240430_214338.jpg
20240430_214345.jpg
20240430_214445.jpg
20240430_214522.jpg
20240430_214606.jpg
20240430_214609.jpg
20240430_214737.jpg
20240430_214956.jpg

I find the night lighting underwhelming in the photos (haven't been in-person yet). It could just be that the areas don't photograph well at night, but there are large, dark areas and the ceiling should be lit up more to show it off.

Visiting the Highline and Hudson Yards and there is so much consideration and care for how the area is lit at night, and it's all indirect, subtle lighting that you don't notice but adds to the experience.

I see some of that here, with under-rail lighting and things like that, but from a distance I would think at first glance that certain areas are closed because they're so dark.

Indeed. You would need somewhere to relocate the permit parking on the street at the very least as residents don't have off-street parking access. It's not impossible - the Netherlands has been building large, centralized garages to shift street parking off-street, but it won't be cheap.
There's a big-ass parking garage in the Well.

I find the night lighting underwhelming in the photos (haven't been in-person yet). It could just be that the areas don't photograph well at night, but there are large, dark areas and the ceiling should be lit up more to show it off.

Visiting the Highline and Hudson Yards and there is so much consideration and care for how the area is lit at night, and it's all indirect, subtle lighting that you don't notice but adds to the experience.

I see some of that here, with under-rail lighting and things like that, but from a distance I would think at first glance that certain areas are closed because they're so dark.

Fully agree. The seasonal uplighting they set up during winter was actually very nice! I’d love to see a more permanent maybe toned down a bit version of that year round.

They build such a beautiful glass atrium they should show it off.

Back