IMG_4055_VSCO.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4057_VSCO 2.JPG
    IMG_4057_VSCO 2.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4057_VSCO 3.jpg
    IMG_4057_VSCO 3.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 11
Good pics; but how would you rate your meal on taste and value?
I'm not who was asked, but I'll weigh in anyway.

I've been to Mandy's a few times, it's fantastic. $20 for a salad seems steep at first, but they are massive and the quality is outstanding. I don't go very much anymore, as I bought the cookbook (mostly for the salad dressing recipes).

My advice is to go once, and then make them yourself. Get a good lettuce mixture, indulge on one pricey ingredient (e.g. avocado, roast chicken, bacon), and make one of the dressings from the cookbook verbatim. Add something crunchy for texture, like pita chips or nuts, and then just throw in whatever veggies you have.

They're some of the most satisfying salads I've ever had.

Last edited:
I'm not who was asked, but I'll weigh in anyway.

I've been to Mandy's a few times, it's fantastic. $20 for a salad seems steep at first, but they are massive and the quality is outstanding. I don't go very much anymore, as I bought the cookbook (mostly for the salad dressing recipes).

Thanks for the input!

I'm not typically a fast casual eater; as I enjoy cooking, and if I'm going out to eat, its more likely to be eat-in, sit down, quasi fine dining.

Though the odd pizza slice or burger on the go does happen.

But its nice to know there's a somewhat healthier option available.

I mean a burger combo is running $15 these days, so a higher end salad, good portion size, in a nice environment doesn't seem out of line.

My advice is to go once, and them make them yourself. Get a good lettuce mixture, indulge on one pricey ingredient (e.g. avocado, roast chicken, bacon), and make one of the dressings from the cookbook verbatim. Add something crunchy for texture, like pita chips or nuts, and then just throw in whatever veggies you have.

I'll have to leaf through their dressing recipes and see if there's any novel inspiration.

Maybe I'll add some of my salad dressing recipes to the "What's Cooking" thread here at UT too.

Good pics; but how would you rate your meal on taste and value?
I liked it and think it is a good deal. I will pay a bit more to get ingredients that I wouldn’t normally have access to or can’t be bothered to prepare such as beets. Peeling baked beets is a thankless task! Lol

And where else do I get to sit underneath a pink cheetah statue?

I liked it and think it is a good deal. I will pay a bit more to get ingredients that I wouldn’t normally have access to or can’t be bothered to prepare such as beets. Peeling baked beets is a thankless task! Lol

And where else do I get to sit underneath a pink cheetah statue?
...well, it looks like they serve good rabbit food if anything. 😼

Building C - Tridel's high end Signature Series condominium building in the northwest corner of The Well site, is getting closer to occupancy. The sidewalk area in front of the building has been largely cleared, and the front lobby is now visible. The sidewalk on the south side of Wellington is now open the entire length from Portland to Spadina

20240209_114836.jpg

20240209_114755.jpg

20240209_114916.jpg

finally decided to check out the well yesterday on the way to look at king toronto. really beautiful space, they knocked it out of the park in my opinion. was fairly surprised at the lack of foot traffic for a friday afternoon though, especially for such a warm day. but I guess its still a work in progress to some degree and hopefully it will get busier as more retail space opens up.

R0000850.JPG
R0000852.JPG
R0000865.JPG

This is now open according to the website. Taken 8 February.

View attachment 539085
Not sure if you're referring to Health One or the place above it, but my sister works at Health One and is transferring to / helping set up this location. I think they're a few days behind schedule but may be open now.

Back