Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Apparently lulu might be opening in 2024 too...

Correct

• As at November 2, 2023, approximately 96% of the total commercial space at The Well is leased with approximately 89% or 1,323,000 square feet (at 100% ownership interest) in tenant possession. The retail component is 91% leased with another 2% in late stage negotiations. New additions to the tenant roster, such as Lululemon and Sephora, further enhance the retail mix at The Well. The retail at The Well has been physically opening in phases, and the majority of tenants are expected to be open by the end of 2023.

from - https://www.riocan.com/English/inve...iness-and-Development-Deliveries/default.aspx

Quantum coffee is opening soon @ The Well

IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_3077.jpeg

Last edited:
Some detail photos of the ongoing work at The Well. First the finish cladding being installed on the angled supports for the overhang portion (north end) of the south-west corner building of The Well - across from from the Draper Street park.
w-3.jpg

Brick workers on the job, outside of Indigo

w-7.jpg

The Konrad and Brainstation office lobby

w-5.jpg

And as a side note - the former Brainstation entrance at King and Spadina - directing people to the new location:

w.jpg

The Shoppers Drugmart Store - a glimpse inside and it looks very close to opening - furniture and fixtures are in and lots of shelves with product already set up.

w-4.jpg

Shoppers is directly below the Indigo store - this picture shows their positions relative to each other.

w-1.jpg

Attachments

• w-4.jpg
    w-4.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 29
I love this development! My only regret is that the cinema got scratched but then I remember that the building at the southwest corner of Spadina and Wellington will likely be redeveloped at some point and could easily incorporate a cinema! Lol

Hold on.............you want to demolish this Heritage-Listed, 118 year old building for a cineplex?

1699889864371.png

Hard pass!

Let the building stay.

I quite like movies too, but I would first prioritize restoring a couple of heritage one-screeners if possible. Thereafter, we need at least one, and preferably 2 competitors to Cineplex, ideally one in the Arthouse space, so we can get better product variety and better cinema experience for the dollar.

That said, cinemas are essentially windlow-less boxes, so ideally, they would go underground; what we don't want is to trade precious heritage for them.

Hold on.............you want to demolish this Heritage-Listed, 118 year old building for a cineplex?

View attachment 519855

Hard pass!

Let the building stay.

I quite like movies too, but I would first prioritize restoring a couple of heritage one-screeners if possible. Thereafter, we need at least one, and preferably 2 competitors to Cineplex, ideally one in the Arthouse space, so we can get better product variety and better cinema experience for the dollar.

That said, cinemas are essentially windlow-less boxes, so ideally, they would go underground; what we don't want is to trade precious heritage for them.
You know, Market square is a really great cinema, think it's like 8 screens like 50 ft underground. Best part is that theres no cell service. So theres' no way for someone to get a phone call LOL
That said, My opinion on heritage is this.
If it's that important to keep, then it must be a public museum, we shouldn't be gatekeeping beautiful heritage behind private property

Does anyone know if the food hall will be opening this Friday as well?
Current planned opening date is March of next year.

In the meantime, other parts of The Well are continuing to open up. The Lower Ground concourse level has basically opened up for access - one can now walk from the Plaza area at the west end through to the stairs at the east end. While the Shoppers is not open yet, the hoarding is down. Some photos:

1000002388.jpg

1000002387.jpg

20231113_125721.jpg

1000002389.jpg

Back