Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Looks like this private park/yard behind the fence will be turned into a gateway from Draper to The Well.

tJFJCvi.jpg

b0KD2qH.jpg

Last edited:
From the Councillor's office newsletter:

Community Planning Meeting - Wellington Place Neighbourhood
Date: Tuesday, April 29
Time: 7:00-9:00 p.m.

A development application has been submitted for the former Globe and mail Site located at 440 Front Street. The plans propose a mixed use site with office and residential towers.

Please join your neighbours, City planning staff and my office to ask questions of the applicants and contribute your neighbourhood expertise to the planning process.

Reminder to anyone interested that there is a public meeting about this tonight. I am unable to attend but would much appreciate if someone is able to go and perhaps snap a few pictures.

Reminder to anyone interested that there is a public meeting about this tonight. I am unable to attend but would much appreciate if someone is able to go and perhaps snap a few pictures.

Yes this would be great...and thanks.

The presentation was quite comprehensive. While much of the architecture is still in the early design stage, the site plan at the ground level is fantastic. The landscaping, interior walkways and the mix of retail, office and residents will be a huge plus for the area. Really smart stuff. I was very impressed. Even the treatment of the south side of Front looked great.

Unfortunately I had no camera or phone on me to snap some pics.

I am sure UT is going to do a feature on this imminently and provide a bunch of slick renderings. I know UT was at the Design Review Panel recently as well.

Let's start with the site plan:

WellSitePlnCxt960.jpg

WellSitePlnCrop960.jpg

Attachments

• WellSitePlnCrop960.jpg
    WellSitePlnCrop960.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,500
  • WellSitePlnCxt960.jpg
    WellSitePlnCxt960.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,496
Any thoughts as to how this will affect property values in the area?

Ask yourself, "Would I want to live next to a massive construction site for 10 years?" Anyone looking to buy a resale in the immediate area will ask themselves this. So in the short term it should put downward pressure on prices, but once all is said and done and construction is finally completed, the new inventory should lessen and demand for resales should go up. While the pre-construction crowd could care less, owner-occupied type buyers tend to look to established areas that are peaceful.

Lesson learned for us btw

Ask yourself, "Would I want to live next to a massive construction site for 10 years?" Anyone looking to buy a resale in the immediate area will ask themselves this. So in the short term it should put downward pressure on prices, but once all is said and done and construction is finally completed, the new inventory should lessen and demand for resales should go up. While the pre-construction crowd could care less, owner-occupied type buyers tend to look to established areas that are peaceful.

Lesson learned for us btw

Completely biased here living on Wellington, but most of the construction will be originating from the Front Street side, starting with the office tower. It will probably be 3 years before anything else gets touched, and of course, the market will determine how fast it goes. Unless they decide to do this all at once, I don't think property values in the short term will be affected so much. In this neighbourhood, we are used to lots of construction going on and part of living here for nearly a decade now.

Back