Pics taken Jan 29, 2019

fullsizeoutput_1fcb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fcc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fca.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fc9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fc8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fc6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1fc5.jpeg

Shoveling this amount of snow is a pain in the ass for everyone. To keep this from blowing up, yes, we tend to be snow softies south of the 401 in Toronto. I bet we can outlast most of your lot in freezing rain conditions.

Shoveling this amount of snow is a pain in the ass for everyone. To keep this from blowing up, yes, we tend to be snow softies south of the 401 in Toronto. I bet we can outlast most of your lot in freezing rain conditions.
For what it's worth I'm from Ottawa and lived in Toronto so I know y'all ain't softies.

More interested in the work that goes in to keep such a large construction site free of snow in January-March! Don't think I've ever seen it so obvious as we've never really dealt with a site this large before.

For what it's worth I'm from Ottawa and lived in Toronto so I know y'all ain't softies.

More interested in the work that goes in to keep such a large construction site free of snow in January-March! Don't think I've ever seen it so obvious as we've never really dealt with a site this large before.
I'd imagine that curing concrete's exothermic reaction probably helps to melt a fair bit of snow, at least on recently-poured surfaces.

Neighbours on my block have been complaining that the city is no longer plowing our street when a few inches of snow fall. My memories of Ottawa are just that; memories. There wasn't any expectation of snow being plowed in a heavy snowfall back then.

Everyone drove standard in Ottawa and was told winter road conditions was one of main reasons for it.

I'd imagine that curing concrete's exothermic reaction probably helps to melt a fair bit of snow, at least on recently-poured surfaces.
I was thinking that, I'd assume concrete in general won't hold the snow for long. Looking at the photos of the site though, there's a good amount of truck loads of snow there. An interesting new challenge, in any case (though one I'm sure they're 100% prepared for beforehand).

its my first winter in Ottawa and its brutal man. Im from Kelowna, B.C, we have like 2-3 little snowstorms and the snow melts with in a week. the coldest temp that ive seen in Kelowna was -20 and never heard anyone talk about wind chill in Kelowna LOL! and spring starts in March. Vancouver is even better.

Just imagine if the Rail Deck Park goes in! Would feel like a slim Central Park (or at least the Midtown end) or Millennium Park in Chicago on a smaller scale, but both having a really sweet sight line to the CN Tower and a very vibrant place to be. I can see it in my dreams haha.

The canyon forming around the tracks is incredible.

I live directly across from this, right on the tracks (i posted a pic a couple of pages ago and will post more from my vantage point as it progresses) but I have to train noise here is unreal. It is like the trains coming out of Union heading West really get the engines going as they go under the Spadina bridge and then the trains waiting to go into service idle here too at the tracks that hug Front St and it is a constant drone until just after midnight. I am moving out next November (yay!)

But anyway, a longwinded way of getting to my point...I often dream of the park being there and no noise and think how it would be one of the best places in the city to live

Back