Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Your right about "the fabric of this city" which is really long overdue in Toronto. Finally we are seeing developments such as Uptown, Four Seasons and eventually One Bloor that fit into the urban ensemble in a manner that allows the exterior design elements to integrate into the architectural evolution of important communal intersections such as Yonge and Bloor. I'm new to this forum and think it is really great but wonder if some of the extreme views are based on a particular photo that happens to frame the building in a positive or negative aspect. Pictures are great for visual updates but at the end of the day, there is no substitution for actually seeing the space first hand. Many of the photos of Uptown do not do it justice as it really does leave one with a positive impression if personally seen from the ground level.

I noticed two lights at the top of the Uptown roof, I don't know if they're decorative lights to illuminate the roof or lights above mechanical room doors. Likely the latter.

uptown looks good when it's stained ^^^
i'm not a huge fan of four seasons from this angle... only because it shows how hollow our skyline is!

Yes, walking around the Yonge and Bloor area a lot lately, I have noticed the blending of Uptown into the cityscape with remarkable ease, as if the building had always been there. Whether it is Uptown's essence as faded memory of days wandering in New York, or the way that Uptown simply fits within so many vistas beside similarly coloured yet slightly tapered building heights, Uptown is fine by me.

I agree -- it's not flashy, and yes, it could have been much better, but overall it fits well with the skyline, and adds a bit of character missing from the sea of blue-green glass condos with which the city is littered.

Yes, walking around the Yonge and Bloor area a lot lately, I have noticed the blending of Uptown into the cityscape with remarkable ease, as if the building had always been there. Whether it is Uptown's essence as faded memory of days wandering in New York...

Ah, you should be writing copy for new condo ads!

May 11
5712102719_540d3cb8cd_b.jpg

5712661526_b014dfa2a0_b.jpg

5712660646_3a92cc131a_b.jpg

5712652520_f173cf8fdf_b.jpg

5712653718_263df6caf3_b.jpg

5712092319_39b7cc0c45_b.jpg

5712087505_17cd7fae4e_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Is that it for the bottom front of the Uptown Residences ? Somehow it looks like half-a** job making it look cheap.

Compared to all the repetitious green glass boxes we've seen over the last decade, this building is gorgeous. I love the use of setbacks to create visual appeal - and the sandstone appearance of the exterior. This is one of the best new buildings in this city.

Back