Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

View from the east:

4528770633_498e0ddc04.jpg

4528769029_57a4650781.jpg

Very interesting vantage point Mike! Its really cool how your view goes over all the rooftops so you get a awesome view of Uptown/Crystal! I'd say about 3 more floors till we're tied with CB! :D

Yesterday from Bloor East with Blu on the left

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Loving the look of Uptown on Bloor just east of yonge ^^^^

Uptown really looks like a classic Manhattan style skyscraper (which i'm pretty sure it was designed to mimic).. It looks like a tower you could pass by near central park!... i think it goes well with the yorkville area but if they'd made the cladding a little darker it would have been perfect :D

The success of the building will have virtually nothing at all to do with its finishes - it will be the massing that we notice. Seeing the setbacks has melted away a certain amount of disdain I had for this project, which set in as soon as I saw the first expanse of cladding. Here's hoping there's enough drama in the form to lend a hint of pride to this mockitecture.

Loving the look of Uptown on Bloor just east of yonge ^^^^

Uptown really looks like a classic Manhattan style skyscraper (which i'm pretty sure it was designed to mimic).. It looks like a tower you could pass by near central park!... i think it goes well with the yorkville area but if they'd made the cladding a little darker it would have been perfect :D

I think the tapered, flat/finned Art-Deco roof is more indicative of Chicago's skyscrapers, but, there are a lot of these that line Central Park, yeah.

Chicago also has some newer, faux-art deco towers overlooking the Magnificent Mile; they turned out alright...

The cladding will darken with dirt and grime.... don't worry!

Uptown with Blu on the left from Charles St. E.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hey dt! Those are really beautifully composed pictures! All the skyscrapers look awesome in that shot! It kinda reminds me of the shot featuring toronto's flatiron plus the skyscrapers of the financial district! All those towers look great next to eachother! and in urban dreamers shot, it looks like we'll see this one catch up to crystal by the end of the month :D!

Two days ago I caught some precast destined for The Uptown, but parked on Charles Street.

4568218995_5128cfb13c_b.jpg

4568212913_74f28397af_b.jpg

Back