Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Are they above the subway tunnel? (Not sure how far east of Yonge that is...)

The subway tunnel is on the east side of Yonge under the Xerox Building.

This is one of the more fortunate projects that is still ongoing as others in this area are being canned. Crystal Blu is also lucky esp with the financing issues Bazis is going through.

btw, how is the value holding up in this area esp for Uptown Residences ?? Any buyers here ?

July 19th Update

It looks like the 6th level is finsihing up, and forms beginning to be setup on the 7th level

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Such doom and gloom.....Other than Bazis 1BE that is only a rumour and has not been confirmed yet, what else is being canned.:rolleyes:

That travesty that was to be The St. Thomas is dead. The Cumberland Terrace proposal likely won't be realized for some time same as 606 Yonge, but those aren't cancellations. That's all I can think of in the area. U Condos & Couture, who knows.

Such doom and gloom.....Other than Bazis 1BE that is only a rumour and has not been confirmed yet, what else is being canned.:rolleyes:

Who knows...in a few years time these projects will come back. We are just in the slow part of the cycle. Better times far ahead will come eventually as buyers slowly flow back into the market (credit is key). This area is one of the best locations in the city.

You'll have to wait and see - there will be a few more project cancellations in the city over the next few months.

That's disappointing, but not unexpected given the economy and surplus of new units continuing to come to market.

July 26

IMG_july-26-09-0166.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0167.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0183.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0184.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0186.jpg

August 6 2009 update

IMG_1445.jpg

There certainly is a lot of beige precast in the back with Uptown and Crystal Blu combined ~ YUK :(
IMG_1446.jpg

my opinion seeing it in person ... the precast on seen on the back side of Uptown + CrystalBlu seemed very pale ~ I was not particularly impressed ...

Back