Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Look, I know I have barely posted anything yet, (I've read the forum for ages) so I have not contributed much at all, and I don't mean to single out the two pictures above necessarily: they are not the worst that have ever been posted here by any means. It's just that sometimes people post and post and post no matter how good their photos turned out. It's great when Casaguy posts those clickable thumbnails - I just wish everybody did it that way as it makes the threads load sooooo much faster. Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site that shows how to do that?

Here's the "How to Post Pics" thread in forum issues section ~ :)

Images (except tiny ones) aren't hosted here, so I don't think that has had anything to do with UT's recent troubles.

Thanks for adding the link above Solaris.

I've gotta be honest with you Kitty, I hate clicking on thumbnails, I'd rather have the big picture right in front of me. Most people have high speed, so everything is geared towards the majority.

Seconded. I'd rather have the images load up just one, rather than having to click on millions of links.

Kitty, you got 6 posts, and you're complaining about the quality of Solaris's pix? Dude, seriously.

If you didn't know, the site's been down for a while, and we haven't see any pix of Uptown since mid-November.

If posting just one or two pics then there's no need for thumbnails unless the page already has a ton of full sized pics.

Using thumbnails is just a courtesy to everyone so that they don't have to reload the entire page of pics just to read people's replies. I have high speed too and it still can cause a slow down when being forced to load a collection of large pics.

Uptown site this morning:

DSCN4010.jpg

much better quality pic (and in the day too !) ... thanks casaguy :D

Good point N1, we're developing a nice cluster up here at Yonge & Bloor and the underground is also expanding. This is exactly what the city wanted at these important intersections.

Dec 28 Update

Uptown site in the foreground

Back