Hamilton The Setai | 28m | 8s | Lev Living | srm Architects

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
330 Dundurn St in the Aberdeen / Locke St area of Hamilton.

hamilton.jpg

6SbL3FG.png

Ah yes more glass boxes piled on top of each other

*yawns*

Building giant cubicles for people to live in.,..

I went to the meeting for this way back, glad to see it's finally moving forward. Dundurn really needs to be more built up with shops (could be a second Locke). Amusingly one of the nimby complaints was that an apartment building didn't fit in with the neighbourhood character, this complaint was made from someone living in the adjacent apartment building.

I hope they added more family sized units as I pointed out in the meeting, this is a very desirable area for families.

Dundurn could definitely use a revitalization. I also feel like it has the bones to become similar to Locke, and it's relative proximity to MIP would place it in a great location when (if) MIP fully gets built out (such as the proposed residentials buildings).

lol dude it looks fantastic. Not every building needs to be some faux historic try hard.
Considering 99% of what is built are rectangles that are all glass or punched in windows with picture frame elements - I'll stick to griping lol - besides every forum needs a traditionalist lol

And I'm not against modern - I love some of the modern builds in toronto - I'm just against pure boxes. Add some curves - some fancy glass, some cool patterning.

Also let's be honest - the majority of all "historic" builds are faux, even going back to the roman era - rubble of brick and stone with plaster on top to give shape to pillars etc. Calling it faux is disingenuous - it's just historic. "Traditional" or "period" if you need to call it something. Look at the Royal Connaught - its a steel frame with stone and brick facing it - none of it is structural.

Last edited:
Beautiful! This is designed to be a retirement residence, building on the current facility, correct?

Back