Burlington The Residences on Cumberland | 20.2m | 7s | Traditions Seniors Housing | MCL Architects

ben.thebean1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Proposed 6-storey+rooftop senior living development in the Port Nelson neighbourhood of Burlington. Official documents are yet to go public.

The property is located in the northwest corner of New and Cumberland, and is across the street from a relatively new retirement community that is also 6 stories

From the official City of Burlington site: "The proposed development features a 7-storey retirement building consisting of approximately 132 suites; a mix of 114 one bedroom and 18 companion suites are proposed. The development will have a total Gross Floor Area of approximately 10,940 sq.m with a Floor Space Index of approximately 3.04. A total of approximately 1300 sq.m of landscaped area will be accommodated on the ground floor with a large courtyard that wraps the west and north ends of the building. Rooftop amenity space, including a green roof, is proposed on the 7th storey which face Cumberland Avenue, along with additional suites. Access is proposed from Cumberland and New Street. A total of 53 parking spaces are proposed which includes the 1 level of underground parking."

Screenshot 2023-05-23 183552.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 183722.png

Rendering is looking down Cumberland towards New

I will update this when documents are released. This is currently in the "pre-application" stage.

City of Burlington site link: https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/current-development-projects/traditions-454-cumberlandaspx.aspx

... After all the boomers pass through I am sure many will be repurposed for alternative forms of housing.

I hope so.

The pessimist in me, however, believes that before boomers pass in 15 years that enough early millennials will start to need some form of minimal daily assistance due to kidney, liver, and obesity compounded movement problems (arthritic joints) to keep these locations busy for a very long time.

Back