Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

I must say, having looked at some older aerial photos of the intersection, that this is a far better use of the space than what existed before--even if the architecture is a bit "meh" (though the X-frames do lend the structure a touch of dynamism and engineering muscle)

I must say, having looked at some older aerial photos of the intersection, that this is a far better use of the space than what existed before--even if the architecture is a bit "meh" (though the X-frames do lend the structure a touch of dynamism and engineering muscle)
The footprint is exactly the same so I am not sure how this is a better use of space. I do agree that the new skin looks far better than the old though.

The footprint is exactly the same so I am not sure how this is a better use of space. I do agree that the new skin looks far better than the old though.

Not 100%. They've added on that bit of atrium that I feel allows it to meet the street a little nicer.

…and yet it's not the small expansion of the footprint that's making much difference here in terms of land being used better, it's the addition of all the new storeys up above, and the addition of another land use on the site.

…and yet it's not the small expansion of the footprint that's making much difference here in terms of land being used better, it's the addition of all the new storeys up above, and the addition of another land use on the site.

Quite. This one will have a presence from most parts of the city with a view. It will command the corner until the potential development across the street goes in.

Rising in front of RCMI from Avenue Road:

40975185340_bbfae074e0_k.jpg

Less zoomy, for your pleasure:

DSC07697.jpg

Attachments

• DSC07697.jpg
    DSC07697.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 516

Back