Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

Not to mention ESB was built as a new tower, not on top of a still operating tower...that's not even CLOSE to the same.

That seems quite unlikely given they've only just started on the tower.

Thanks for your valuable monthly contribution

I'm sorry but this is a dreadful looking structure and certainly Toronto has its fair share but this is on Toronto most beautiful street so it's a monstrosity that sticks out.

I'm sorry but this is a dreadful looking structure and certainly Toronto has it's fair share but this is on Toronto most beautiful street so it's a monstrosity that sticks out.
I'm just curious as to why in the world you think YC Condos is better looking than this?

Besides, the intensification of University Avenue is well at hand - with Residences at RCMI (which I am sure you are aware of), this no longer "sticks out" because the former has already established the trend. That's not to mention the rezoning across the street, plus Artist Alley just a short distance away.

AoD

U don’t
Have to justify your personal taste
No, you don't have to justify your tastes but if you have reasons for a particular preference it is always interesting to know what they are. If someone - particularly someone I do not know or whose qualifications are unknown - says "I like X" my first reaction is "Who cares?". If you say I like X because it has q and y but not z" I am much more inclined to think about it and your views may convince me.

Some on these guys have a point when it comes to the podiums or towers that are being drafted up. Most of the time the original design is often better than the final one. What's with the changes they always cheapen out with a worse design and cheaper materials ! The more bold and simple the design is the more it presents itself better from near and far !

From the Sharp Centre at OCAD

20180203_133048.jpg

Attachments

• 20180203_133048.jpg
    20180203_133048.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:

Back