Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

It will be fascinating to see how this will get built. The building itself has a bit of a Four Seasons-y vibe to it, with 1/3 of the building being thicker than the rest. I'm definitely looking forward to the updates.

At the rear of 480 University, more windows are being removed; at the north end, some of the concrete cladding is coming off.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,220
This development is fascinating. You can see the temporary wall and window system behind the concrete of the old facade. Must be an interesting experience from the inside.

i hope will get a new face lift.. the current face has no character at all ugly concrete..

Actually those vertical strips of concrete for the facade look great. Mirrored glass windows behind the vertical strips would do the trick to help emphasize the facade of the building. When the sun shines on it making the it stand out.

You know that all the concrete is going though, right?

for what it is worth - I liked it as is. I think it is just 10 years away from this style being recognized as something to cherish and preserve instead of being embarrassed of. In that process I guess we have turned back to appreciate mid-century design but have not gotten to this yet.

I wonder what's to happen to the old grills. Will they/are they likely to be recycled? Anyone with particular knowledge here care to comment?

Back