Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

From Tuesday morning.

1000008500.jpg

I love this infill.

Does anyone know if this water north of Queens Quay is used for anything (learn to canoe, kayak etc.)?

Think they should build a deck over part of the H2O to extend the public realm footprint in front of the new buildings... and pack it with greenery.

Could be a very nice nest on the waterfront.

infill.jpg

Google Earth
home-design.jpg

Attachments

• MapleLeafQuay.png
    MapleLeafQuay.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 9
I love this infill.

Does anyone know if this water north of Queens Quay is used for anything (learn to canoe, kayak etc.)?

Think they should build a deck over part of the H2O to extend the public realm footprint in front of the new buildings... and pack it with greenery.

Could be a very nice nest on the waterfront.

View attachment 571225
Google Earth
home-design.jpg
At one time there WAS greenery and, I think, a cafe and it may return. I doubt decking over the water is necessary but some general tidying up is, broken concrete, floating junk etc. I suspect this may happen as the new section gets occupied and they will, I hope, reactivate the water sculpture thingy too.

The white-wrapped piece is the (former) water feature:

1718040083876.png

Last edited:

Years ago I was an instructor at Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak centre. We used to bring kids here occasionally to teach the basics to get them ready for a harbour crossing. It was secluded and good for beginners, but the water was usually pretty gross. Not sure if they still use it.

Simple and tasteful. BDPQ at it's best.

Want to endorse this..........but have to say, BDPQ at its best, makes decent use of colour, something this site desparately needs. Its a nice build, but taken together, its just too bland/sterile.

Back