Toronto The Planet Traveler Hostel Addition | 23.86m | 5s | PTH | unit a

It's a pretty tight site to build on in terms of access. I was scoping it out recently in the area. There's no rear laneway frontage at all. The Kensington College Backpackers Hostel (which has its entrance on Augusta), cuts it off at the back as their building extends all the way west to Campbell Russell Lane. And there's no real access point through Augusta either to this site. Everything will need to be done on College, which based on my photo a couple posts previously, also has a tree and city sign right along the sidewalk currently in front of the site.

Last edited:
20200128_074347.jpg

This has gone completely dormant. Not entirely surprising, but it looks to be on hold indefinitely. Curious if the current hospitality industry landscape may cause the owner to consider other options for this site including selling it.

20210814_111951.jpg

This has gone completely dormant. Not entirely surprising, but it looks to be on hold indefinitely. Curious if the current hospitality industry landscape may cause the owner to consider other options for this site including selling it.

View attachment 341866
Such a shame, I've always wanted Toronto to have a good backpacking/hostel culture like Europe. So many amazing hostels in Berlin, London, Prague.

New signs of life here with a resubmission from Aug 2024!!

Design by Unit A Architecture

To alter the existing four-storey detached building (hostel) by constructing a side (east) five-storey addition with a ground-level rear patio, a front fourth floor roof terrace, and a rear fifth floor roof terrace. Also, to construct a complete fifth-storey addition above the existing building. This building is currently under review through a Site Plan Control application (File No. 18 111118 STE 20 SA).

planethos.JPG
planethos2.JPG
planethos3.JPG

Back