Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

What looks better? The current Wallman proposal or the one HP had initial conceptual plans for?

HP's Conceptual Drawings

2m3fbzs.jpg

w20tg7.jpg

w7yhz7.jpg

one57-gets-glassy-photos-of-midtowns-newest-supertall-skyscraper.jpg

I find out ironic how actual buildings in Manhattan look immeasurably better than renders in Toronto, for the most part. Is it the surroundings that fail to inspire us or is it just inferior architecture and design coming from developers with smaller budgets?

There's no way that land costs 89 times as much there. The profit margins are probably similar, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that they spend much more on design and construction quality.

Last edited:
^ Its all opinionated. I personaly think that building is quite nice, original and yet has a nice flow design that is still original.
However the blue colours are a bit too much.

Anyway, I'm sure Toronto would be able to build such towers if developers were given the freedom to. Too much time to approve a building even when it is a good proposal. And as for the shitty ones, they almost always get approved.

Yes, but having walked around the Four Seasons last night, I can say that there is enough textural detail and differentiation to keep a pedestrian's attention along the whole stretch. It may look desolate, but because of a number of small but significant details, it just isn't. The courtyard is nice too, though I could have used some 'babbling_brook.mp3' c/o the fountain. Unfortunate creative stifling that.

The stone cladding on the Four Seasons podium is quite beautiful really, each piece with different patterns and marks. Very cool. The deep stainless steel window frames are luxurious and a bit seductive. The granite sidewalks are tough but tactile, and inviting to walk on. It all works together, a contemporary classic. I can only hope that 27 Yorkville and subsequent redevelopments in the area will pay as much attention to the materials.

http://www.postcity.com/Post-City-M...-P-sells-1000-car-Yorkville-lot-to-developer/

Coun. Kristyn Wong-Tam said she was alarmed when she first heard about the loss of parking at the busy lot, both temporarily during the construction phase and permanently through a reduction in the number of public spaces. Currently, the lot can accommodate up to 1,036 vehicles.

It's too bad Kyle Rae had to retire. Why the loss of an ugly, dilapidated, above-grade parking can be alarming is a mystery to me.

Back