Mississauga The Pearl | ?m | 11s | Ahmed Group

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

The Pearl: a proposed 11-storey residential development by Ahmed Group on the south side of Pearl Street, west of Queen Street South in Mississauga's Streetsville community.

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

Google Street View of the site as of April 2021:
1708970203422.png

All three structures are listed but not designated. Heritage demolition permits have been applied for all three on Jan 19, 2024.

Meh design, but nice to see density next to a GO Station.

The Streetsville Plaza proposal up the road has riled many local residents. I'm curious if there will be opposition to this smaller proposal.
I love a good hint of art deco so I'm gonna have to disagree with you but that's obviously just a style preference thing. At least it's a good fit for Streetsville.

Milton Line grievances aside, it would be nice to see parking shifted out to Meadowvale and Lisgar where there's better highway access and lower traffic load on local roads, and use most of the Streetsville parking lot for a low-rise mixed use community, but I digress. It's hard to complain about a well-fitting midrise near a GO station.

Streetsville is a wreck. I don’t care if Mississauga people want to act like it’s the crown jewel. It’s not. There’s a dumpy plaza with dollar stores and Tim hortons. Compare that to unionville which has Starbucks and boutiques and the whole thing is laughable. Good to see a nice mid rise.

Back