Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

IMG_4130.jpeg

Such an odd choice to go with windows like that and not balconies. I understand you'll get more square footage. But I would think buyers would also want some outdoor space.

Also, doesn't planning usually push for a minimum of private outdoor space per unit?
yes, but not in the form of private balconies. In this case the condo has access to shared rooftop amenity which is all the City cares about.

Such an odd choice to go with windows like that and not balconies. I understand you'll get more square footage. But I would think buyers would also want some outdoor space.

Also, doesn't planning usually push for a minimum of private outdoor space per unit?
Balconies destroy the architecture of most buildings unless done right (and 99% of the time they are not). This building would look horrible with balconies. I am saying that as a purchaser in this development (we will see if I ever actually get to close) who would rather live in good architecture than have 50 ft2 for a chair .

Balconies destroy the architecture of most buildings unless done right (and 99% of the time they are not). This building would look horrible with balconies. I am saying that as a purchaser in this development (we will see if I ever actually get to close) who would rather live in good architecture than have 50 ft2 for a chair .
I mean, that's certainly an opinion. I've lived in a condo without a balcony and it gets very claustrophobic in my opinion. Even just a 50 sq ft balcony with enough room for a chair ;)

I mean, that's certainly an opinion. I've lived in a condo without a balcony and it gets very claustrophobic in my opinion. Even just a 50 sq ft balcony with enough room for a chair ;)
I don't have a balcony, but would love one if only to grow a few herbs and space for a table and chairs to eat dinner in the fresh air.

But then again, pigeons.

Last edited:
Lol! My current condo has a small balcony that fits 2 chairs comfortably and I hardly use it tbh. We have a great rooftop pool and outdoor leisure space that I find much more useful. If I really want to be outside though, I find living in a good neighbourhood with great parks and cafes a must. Now a giant terrace outside my living room doors........ that's another story, but they tend to only be available at the top of luxury boutique midrise buildings.

We always wanted our own private balcony in our condo. We got two, and never used them. Balconies ruin the architecture of a lot of buildings. We now have a condo without any balconies, and I enjoy it much more, as it also has rooftop terraces. Plenty of outdoor spaces. I like how this development does not have any balconies. Better for the design too.

Lol! My current condo has a small balcony that fits 2 chairs comfortably and I hardly use it tbh. We have a great rooftop pool and outdoor leisure space that I find much more useful. If I really want to be outside though, I find living in a good neighbourhood with great parks and cafes a must. Now a giant terrace outside my living room doors........ that's another story, but they tend to only be available at the top of luxury boutique midrise buildings.
Here is the rooftop terrace you are talking about :)

IMG_9697.jpeg

We also have multiple rooftop terraces. On the 33rd, 32nd, 31st, and 6th floors. North and south.
Ours highlighted here in red. Along with yours in blue.

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

meh, it's personal. I'd personally prefer a balcony over "architectural design" but the people who bought in that building clearly think otherwise as they'd pick a different building if they needed a balcony.

Back