Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Stabby vibe. Not stabby in reality.

The corner always feels a little on edge.

But nowhere near as edgy as Dundas & Yonge.

Individual perceptions may vary. ;)

Yonge & Bloor is hardly considered particularly stabby (except, perhaps, in the conservative imagination, where all cities are always hotbeds of violent crime and all manner of perversion)
Perhaps in the late 70s, early 80s it was “stabby” but most of Downtown Yonge was pretty sketchy in those days. At least so I’m to understand from Garth and Gord and Fiona and Alice; I’m not old enough for personal experience.

Stabby vibe. Not stabby in reality.

The corner always feels a little on edge.

But nowhere near as edgy as Dundas & Yonge.

Individual perceptions may vary. ;)

The actual intersection is...ok...a bit dodgy at times, but ok. Down at Charles is rougher due to Sanctuary and its denizens. I actually find Bloor and Spadina worse. Now, if you want "stabby", I have a friend who works up the street at Toronto Reference who can tell you some stories.

Now I'm trying to think what's the most dangerous intersection in Toronto for pedestrian on pedestrian violence (not cars) and which is the most chill intersection that just feels so lovely?

I gotta say from a downtown perspective, this is the one I've seen the most crazy stuff go down at. But maybe there's a worse one?

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.06.38 AM.png

Chillest intersection? This one is always very peaceful.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.08.48 AM.png

I don’t feel like Yonge and Bloor ever had a stabby vibe - at least not since the mid/late 90s. Am I too young to know otherwise?

Dundas and Sherbourne is definitely the GOAT for feeling unsafe in Toronto. Not that it actually was truly unsafe. I used to go to King Place for takeout all the time.

Now I'm trying to think what's the most dangerous intersection in Toronto for pedestrian on pedestrian violence (not cars) and which is the most chill intersection that just feels so lovely?

I gotta say from a downtown perspective, this is the one I've seen the most crazy stuff go down at. But maybe there's a worse one?

View attachment 577837
This is one I've seen and heard of the worst things happening. Several murders in that Sam's store parking lot. There's a video on youtube of a guy interviewing one of the employees after store itself was riddled with bullets while he was working. He's walking through the store showing all the bullet wholes.

Ya, as someone who lives on sherbourne and works at queen and spadina, I vote Sherbourne and Dundas as well. There are several other candidates I can think of. I think the future Moss Park station will really help though.

If by "stabby vibe" you mean being around the most unfortunate members of society not receiving the mental health care they desperately need, caught in a perpetual cycle of addiction, desperation and violence, then Dundas & Sherbourne is the epicenter. Yonge & Bloor is perfectly fine.

Back