Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

My last apartment had windows around 25 metres from the next building, and it definitely is!

I'm not sure how to look it up again, but I think I once looked up how close the Whitfield windows will be to my current balcony and it's less than 10 metres.

I can beat that. My last apartment's window was 5.5 metres from the neighbouring building.

My neighbour got new curtains when she realized my desk was facing to and right next to the window. 🤣

signal-2024-04-03-224202_002.jpeg

I can beat that. My last apartment's window was 5.5 metres from the neighbouring building.

My neighbour got new curtains when she realized my desk was facing to and right next to the window. 🤣

View attachment 553448

Same here. I thought I could dash from my bathroom to the kitchen to grab my phone post shower, sans towel… needless to say the neighbour had privacy film up within the day 😅

The panorama view we got at 20ish metres was pretty fun. You could see into most of the windows in the whole building at night, and there was almost always something weird going on in at least one. It's not possible to see in during the day from that distance though.

Just curious- when the city approves super-talls in the name of “density” and the “housing crisis”, they ensure those top 40 floors are all 300sq ft studios for $500k, right? 😂
I guess one could argue that luxury towers reduce some demand for McMansions to be built so that the wealthy have a place to park their money live. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Photos taken today, Friday (Apr. 5). Since the post I had last Friday, the blue forms at the top remain at the same level, with the tower up to floor 56 or 57. The corner blue forms have moved up, as the corners have been poured for level 47 or so. And the west Rail Climbing System (RCS) has joined both the east and north RCSs (and the smaller platform on the south face) at level 19. Cladding is now visible under the east RCS at level 19. And... one of the glass panels at ground level has been removed for some work. Perhaps sign that the ground floor is being prepared for a retail outlet?

Starting with the addition to my Flickr "time-lapse" album - the usual link to that below, as well as to my project album which now has 1000+ images - the view from the south and close-ups showing work around the 1st mechanical level, cladding now visible on level 19 behind the east RCS. The super-column the workers are in front of has the cladding that was there last week now removed. Shots of the crew attaching a platform at the base of the 2nd mechanical level, floor 37, the platform can be seen hanging from the crane in the first photograph, at the left.

A kinda crappy shot of the gap on the ground floor with a glass panel removed, the northern-most pane on the Yonge Street side (focused on the wrong thing, the smoke from the truck engine). Then the view from Bloor west of Yonge, in front of Holt Renfrew with the west RCS now up above the 1st mechanical level. Shots from Cumberland east of Bay follow with closeups of that mechanical level. And a final shot from Bedford and Bloor, to the west.

UTIMG_1136.jpg
UTIMG_1295.jpg
UTIMG_1217.jpg
UTIMG_1254.jpg
UTIMG_1227.jpg
UTIMG_1169.jpg
UTIMG_1162.jpg
UTIMG_0994.jpg
UTIMG_1019.jpg
UTIMG_1040.jpg
UTIMG_1062.jpg
UTIMG_0950.jpg