Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There isn't enough time overnight for some maintenance

While I’m sure occasionally things have to run long, I’m not sure what’s different between Toronto and others when they can get away with early closures and overnight work. If a single 8-hour day shift is enough during the day, surely an 8-hour overnight shift would suffice? And that proper planning could be put in place so maintenance is staged to allow for overnight work with service resuming in the morning?

Here, we closed down almost a half of a subway line for this Easter weekend, which for sure punishes locals, tourists and those travelling around the city to visit family on the holiday. And no doubt it cuts into TTC fare box income and operating costs to constantly run shuttle buses and keep part of a line closed for days.

Does our system have greater maintenance requirements than others? Does work take longer here simply because our city starts with a T and ends with an O?

Part 2 of 2 taken on March 30, 2024:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_2392.jpeg

I timed the shot really well to include the cool sports car

IMG_2393.jpeg
IMG_2394.jpeg
IMG_2395.jpeg
IMG_2396.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_2397.jpeg
IMG_2398.jpeg
IMG_2399.jpeg
IMG_2400.jpeg

Saw the skyscraper today up close and i feel like it's a way bigger *in terms of area* than I thought it would be, or maybe skyscrapers are just too thin now 🤷‍♂️ although I do like the thickness of the tower cuz it would make a bigger impact on the skyline, kinda like M3 in 'Sauga

I wonder how the settlement offer for 19 Bloor West would affect The One's future. If they cap it at 85 storeys and 308 m, 19 Bloor would steal the title of the neighbourhood's tallest building (at 317.4m), assuming it's built to maximum height. If they stick to 91 storeys and 328.4m, they'll keep the title (barely), but some potential buyers of west-facing units may not be happy about paying $2000 psf and upwards for the privilege of watching their neighbors' (at 19 Bloor West) daily activities and be stared at in return (or keep the blinds down all the time).

I wonder how the settlement offer for 19 Bloor West would affect The One's future. If they cap it at 85 storeys and 308 m, 19 Bloor would steal the title of the neighbourhood's tallest building (at 317.4m), assuming it's built to maximum height. If they stick to 91 storeys and 328.4m, they'll keep the title (barely), but some potential buyers of west-facing units may not be happy about paying $2000 psf and upwards for the privilege of watching their neighbors' (at 19 Bloor West) daily activities and be stared at in return (or keep the blinds down all the time).
It's exhibitionist and voyeur heaven!

First world problems! :)

Back