Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

What do we think the current height of the building is? When is it going to pass the height of the Four Seasons Hotel (200 m) and become the second tallest building in Yorkville? (I know that YV is in the mix here, too - it might be currently beating the One.)

A lot of the complexity was the size of the project, covid, city delays, and complexity of the structural expressionist Foster design.

Compare this project to how quickly One Saint Thomas went up. His original idea of going with RAMSA was perfect, he should have stuck with his original gut. In general our initial gut feeling on anything is usually the correct decision

Mizrahi has done a great job with the midrises on Davenport , and should stick with that. Id like to see him buy up some of those butchered Victorians on the north side of Davenport and put together an assembly. Quality over quantity.
I get that. And I wish the best of luck on whatever he decides to do next. But his financing of stuff, to use a term Mr. Parkdalian has used above me, is bananas.

This...if not for people like him...a risk taker, the world would be a very different place.
The trait of a classic narcissist.

"I developed the building, I bought the corner, I zoned it, I built it up to the 53rd floor — all of the heavy lifting, I've done. There's no dispute about that," he said. "Nobody can dispute that my legacy in terms of what I've done stands and speaks for itself."

The trait of a classic narcissist.

"I developed the building, I bought the corner, I zoned it, I built it up to the 53rd floor — all of the heavy lifting, I've done. There's no dispute about that," he said. "Nobody can dispute that my legacy in terms of what I've done stands and speaks for itself."
There's nothing false in that statement. It'll be a great building, and Mizrahi has a right to be proud. of it. Is he a narcissist? I'm not a psychiatrist, so I wouldn't presume to make that diagnosis. No doubt everybody playing in the RE development game has a healthy ego.

There's nothing false in that statement. It'll be a great building, and Mizrahi has a right to be proud. of it. Is he a narcissist? I'm not a psychiatrist, so I wouldn't presume to make that diagnosis. No doubt everybody playing in the RE development game has a healthy ego.

He personally did all of the hard work. No team. And no realization that his legacy involves screwing purchasers, trades, and investors.

But OK. i'll drop this.

Hey if anyone wants a good laugh at what a developer really messing up look up 432 Park avenue in New York 96 story building built so bad/rushed that the owners say it's unlivable and are sueing the builder and if that isn't funny enough the architect who owns a unit is one of the main plaintiffs just kinda thought it fit into this topic nicely 🤣🤣🤣

From today. I was able to get a shot from a higher floor.

20240229_122125.jpg
20240229_150843.jpg

If there was an argument to preserve stollerys facade , it'd have to be to move it to the interior/atrium like the historic facade in the Calatrava atrium of Brookfield Place .

It'd look out of place as a standard facadectomy under a tower where it was located.
They did something similar to the remains of Berlin's historic Hotel Esplanade(along with its Kaisersaal), one of the few buildings around Potsdamer Platz to survive the war and that city's post-war division. When the area was reconstructed after re-unification, they disassembled the building where Chaplin and Garbo once stayed, moved it 75 meters to the southwest (due to a reconfiguration of the streets) and incorporated it into the new Sony Center. Today it is visible from the street behind the glass facade of the new structure.

Back