Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Another floor pour today:

20240118_094201.jpg
20240118_104154.jpg
20240118_161804.jpg

Wow! It is going up FAST! Even tho I don’t live in Toronto, I’m a huge city nerd from Texas, and I plan to go to College for Architectural Engineering, so this is kinda up my alley. I find it quite entertaining looking in at other cities across the US and Canada and other Countries around the world, just to see the daily headlines of construction. Can’t wait for this build and Pinnacle One Yonge to complete. It’s totally worth watching, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Photos taken today, Friday (Jan. 19). Not much progress since my post a week ago, the blue forms at the top are still on level 49, the Rail Climbing Systems are still at level 16... But progress nevertheless. The corners near the top have added another floor on most of the corners around the newly installed hangers. Scaffolding is off the brick building next to the heritage building on the Yonge Street side. And all the glass is now installed on the south face up to level 16 (save for the elevator and crane attachments). So... with less new stuff, a chance to take a closer look at some of the details!

Starting as usual with this week's addition to my Flickr "time-lapse" album, which looks basically identical to last week's addition, then views from the south showing all the glass now in place up to level 16, a close look at the reverse stencilled "4"s for the exterior elevators I mentioned last week, some rebars off a flatbed, and that newly exposed brick building, with detail of the heritage building. And two shots from Cumberland east of Bay, where we can see added floors on some of the corners, level 40, I think.

UTIMG_8889.jpg
UTIMG_9156.jpg
UTIMG_9009.jpg
UTIMG_9019.jpg
UTIMG_8964.jpg
UTIMG_8911.jpg
UTIMG_8969.jpg
UTIMG_8781.jpg
UTIMG_8796.jpg

I'm kind of scratching my head with the new brick and the heritage portion here. The new brick in my opinion works well with the upper metal section, and I wouldn't expect them to fully mimic heritage but ....
It just looks off. It’s not bad or anythin, but I’d figure it would look the same as the original build, but I guess they couldn’t find the same brick color and chose……that

I'm kind of scratching my head with the new brick and the heritage portion here. The new brick in my opinion works well with the upper metal section, and I wouldn't expect them to fully mimic heritage but ....
The question then becomes do they mimic the heritage colour with the risk that potion being lost in the rest of the design? Or do they make it a different colour so the heritage portion is more readily emphasized? I think that's a really tough call for developers who are being honest. And honest, in that there is no apparent cheapening that's going on here. Perhaps they could of done better, but in the end...I don't think this is really going to distract from overall feel and beauty of this project. And in someways, this does seem to be a similar conundrum with the "dull" podium portion of the TD Terrace, I gather... /sigh

The question then becomes do they mimic the heritage colour with the risk that potion being lost in the rest of the design? Or do they make it a different colour so the heritage portion is more readily emphasized? I think that's a really tough call for developers who are being honest. And honest, in that there is no apparent cheapening that's going on here. Perhaps they could of done better, but in the end...I don't think this is really going to distract from overall feel and beauty of this project. And in someways, this does seem to be a similar conundrum with the "dull" podium portion of the TD Terrace, I gather... /sigh
You know I was thinkin’ the exact same thing. And while that portion of TD Terrace kinda does just makes the rest of the building on the ground level look kinda off to me. But in my opinion, it does not ruin the overall look/aspect of the building itself. Just that specific area along Front Street, but I can see why you don’t like it all that much.

Back