Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Photos taken yesterday, Friday (Jan. 12). A gloomy and windy day, with fog late in the afternoon... Since my post from last Friday, the blue forms on top have all moved up one level, and as mentioned in previous posts, they are on level 49. The corner columns attached to the new hanging beams have been poured on each corner, up on level 39. No movement yet from the Rail Climbing Systems, still parked on level 16. Will they go up a level at a time to do the super-column cladding till they get to the 19th level? We shall see. And that west building - is it called the podium? - now has the cladding complete.

Starting with my weekly "time lapse" Flickr album update, views from the south. Some odd things here... barely visible in the long shot, the stencilled floor numbers for the exterior elevator, with the numeral "4" reversed on some floors, including #40 and #41. Some tighter shots to see the corners there on the first mechanical levels, the only part of the mechanical levels not covered by the Rail Climbing Systems. Something I've not seen before: while more glass and cladding has been added to the left of the crane, glass which had been placed on level 16 behind the crane has now been removed, and something different happening insulation-wise on the super column on the right side going into the first mechanical level on 17. Then, a shot of a new corner column - the SW one - up top by the new hangers. Next, shots from the west towards Bay showing that side with the west building siding completed. Diagonal views from Cumberland east of Bay, and then the view from near the old Bay entrance east of Yonge, showing some road work there as well as the full tower. Finally, a shot from the west at Bedford and Bloor.

UTIMG_8240.jpg
UTIMG_8398.jpg
UTIMG_8293.jpg
UTIMG_8312.jpg
UTIMG_8307.jpg
UTIMG_8326.jpg
UTIMG_8031.jpg
UTIMG_8140.jpg
UTIMG_8156.jpg
UTIMG_8206.jpg
UTIMG_8260.jpg
UTIMG_8006.jpg

Last edited:
no doubt and there are nice buildings we keep for sure!

but imagine he didnt demo stolleries, and city voted to keep it, it is aun unremarkable building, and would have handicaped the ever loving shit out of this tower, the fact it was gone and we get this insane high end street facade is a huge win.
That's a lot of ifs, I honestly doubt Stollerys would have obtained heritage status without some major pushback, and if it did, some type of agreement with the city would have been reached by developers being on the corner of the most transit centric intersection in the country. Let's remember this is the city that let the old Toronto Star building be demolished. I would also listen to the reasoning that a 2Billion dollar Foster would grant some consideration for demolition of a minor well appointed period building.

Last edited:
Photos taken yesterday, Friday (Jan. 12). A gloomy and windy day, with fog late in the afternoon... Since my post from last Friday, the blue forms on top have all moved up one level, and as mentioned in previous posts, they are on level 49. The corner columns attached to the new hanging beams have been poured on each corner, up on level 39. No movement yet from the Rail Climbing Systems, still parked on level 16. Will they go up a level at a time to do the super-column cladding till they get to the 19th level? We shall see. And that west building - is it called the podium? - now has the cladding complete.

Starting with my weekly "time lapse" Flickr album update, views from the south. Some odd things here... barely visible in the long shot, the stencilled floor numbers for the exterior elevator, with the numeral "4" reversed on some floors, including #40 and #41. Some tighter shots to see the corners there on the first mechanical levels, the only part of the mechanical levels not covered by the Rail Climbing Systems. Something I've not seen before: while more glass and cladding has been added to the left of the crane, glass which had been placed on level 16 behind the crane has now been removed, and something different happening insulation-wise on the super column on the right side going into the first mechanical level on 17. Then, a shot of a new corner column - the SW one - up top by the new hangers. Next, shots from the west towards Bay showing that side with the west building siding completed. Diagonal views from Cumberland east of Bay, and then the view from near the old Bay entrance east of Yonge, showing some road work there as well as the full tower. Finally, a shot from the west at Bedford and Bloor.

View attachment 532948View attachment 532942View attachment 532946View attachment 532944View attachment 532945View attachment 532943View attachment 532952View attachment 532951View attachment 532950View attachment 532949View attachment 532947View attachment 532941
I think the RCS won’t move up until they’ve finished all the trim work for the mechanical level. And since it’s the first one, it’s taking them a while to figure it all out (like everything on this project). Looking forward to seeing it! Then it should go quickly until the next one.

@Rascacielo ... love your first shot.

The crisp corners of the glass on those lower floors got me day-dreaming about how stunning this will look fully clad (at nearly twice the height). Not sure many office buildings will match it.

It must be hard working in this unpredictable weather. We may see a floor pour tomorrow or the next day.. Check out the "lit-up" buildings along Humber Shores. Sadly, I'll soon be losing that view :(

The wind chill is predicted to be -28 for tomorrow morning (it is probably even worse at that height) so I would tip my hat to them even if they just show up for work.

The wind chill is predicted to be -28 for tomorrow morning (it is probably even worse at that height) so I would tip my hat to them even if they just show up for work.
Lots of workers will be singing in soprano up top...or as Mr. Towered puts it, castrano. >.<

Back