Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

How soon could people move in to the lower floors? Is that realistic while it's still under construction or is that crazy? Not retail but condo owners.

Part 2 of 2 taken on January 3, 2024:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_1462.jpeg
IMG_1463.jpeg
IMG_1464.jpeg
IMG_1465.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_1466.jpeg
IMG_1467.jpeg
IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1468.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1470.jpeg
IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1473.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1475.jpeg
IMG_1476.jpeg

Edit: corrected year

Last edited:
2024 predictions: Will surpass One Bloor East in height...

...top out at the end of the year? I like to think so.

My prediction - I'll be optimistic and predict that we will see the pour for the final floor by end of year. But this tower won't really be topped out for height until the architectural element that caps off the supercolumns is installed. I do not believe that will be completed until 2025.

My prediction - I'll be optimistic and predict that we will see the pour for the final floor by end of year. But this tower won't really be topped out for height until the architectural element that caps off the supercolumns is installed. I do not believe that will be completed until 2025.
I am aware of that. But that's why I mentioned, "I like to think so." bit. Because I know what I think doesn't always happen that way. 😸

I am aware of that. But that's why I mentioned, "I like to think so." bit. Because I know what I think doesn't always happen that way. 😸
Oh, I was not meaning to critique your prediction, just to put one in of my own for a little competition.

I think any prediction between 70 stories and top-out is probably reasonable, while a prediction of a complete stoppage (as some here seem wont to do) or of much more than topping out (say completion of building envelope) I think would not be.

Photos taken today, Friday (Jan. 5). My first update post for the new year. Progress since last Friday's post, with the seventh set of hangers installed on Thursday, it seems, from BloorMan's posts. The new hangers attach at the top of level 44, and connect to the floor of level 39, directly above the second mechanical levels. The blue forms up top have moved up one level since last Friday, and are at around level 47/48 at the top (does someone know exactly what floor the top is at?). The Rail Climbing Systems are still at level 16, when they move up to start installing the skin at level 19 will be an interesting milestone, maybe soon? The exterior of the attached building immediately to the west is nearly complete now. And the heritage building on Yonge Street has now been revealed in its restored glory. (Anyone know how old that facade is? Maybe from the 1890s?)

Starting with my latest Flickr "time lapse" album addition, then some of the activity on the south face including placing the steel core of the concrete column by the newly installed hangers on the SW corner. A shot of the newly revealed heritage facade, then shots from Bloor east of Yonge, then west of Yonge by Holt Renfrew, Cumberland east of Bay and a final shot from Bloor at Bedford.

UTIMG_7658.jpg
UTIMG_7561.jpg
UTIMG_7572.jpg
UTIMG_7875.jpg
UTIMG_7830.jpg
UTIMG_7634.jpg
UTIMG_7676.jpg
UTIMG_7710.jpg
UTIMG_7741.jpg
UTIMG_7798.jpg
UTIMG_7892.jpg

Last edited:
Photos taken today, Friday (Jan. 5). My first update post for the new year. Progress since last Friday's post, with the seventh set of hangers installed on Thursday, it seems, from BloorMan's posts. The new hangers attach at the top of level 44, and connect to the floor of level 39, directly above the second mechanical levels. The blue forms up top have moved up one level since last Friday, and are at around level 47/48 at the top (does someone know exactly what floor the top is at?). The Rail Climbing Systems are still at level 16, when they move up to start installing the skin at level 19 will be an interesting milestone, maybe soon? The exterior of the attached building immediately to the west is nearly complete now. And the heritage building on Yonge Street has now been revealed in its restored glory. (Anyone know how old that facade is? Maybe from the 1890s?)

Starting with my latest Flickr "time lapse" album addition, the some of the activity on the south face including placing the steel core of the concrete column by the newly installed hangers on the SW corner. A shot of the newly revealed heritage facade, then shots from Bloor east of Yonge, then west of Yonge by Holt Renfrew, Cumberland east of Bay and a final shot from Bloor at Bedford.

By my count, they just poured floor 48 today.

Starting with my latest Flickr "time lapse" album addition, the some of the activity on the south face including placing the steel core of the concrete column by the newly installed hangers on the SW corner. A shot of the newly revealed heritage facade, then shots from Bloor east of Yonge, then west of Yonge by Holt Renfrew, Cumberland east of Bay and a final shot from Bloor at Bedford.

View attachment 531660View attachment 531653View attachment 531662View attachment 531655View attachment 531663View attachment 531661View attachment 531659View attachment 531658View attachment 531657View attachment 531656View attachment 531654
Thank you for not only posting the latest shots but also providing detailed updates on what's been going on since your last post. Many of us are not so observant with details and may have missed the progress. Also, it's heartening to know that this landmark is inching closer towards completion despite the challenges - and to stick it to the naysayers that seem to wish this will remain a stump because somehow it's unethical to have a completed multibillion tower when the original developer was involved in some nefarious deals. :)

...in the end, I don't think their issue was ever about the developer being involved in nefarious deals, rather it was about telling us to stop liking what they don't like. You know, haters gonna hate. /shrug

...in the end, I don't think their issue was ever about the developer being involved in nefarious deals, rather it was about telling us to stop liking what they don't like. You know, haters gonna hate. /shrug
That may be so, but it's always useful to mask one's belligerence under some ethical concerns ...

Back