Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The street level is starting to look fairly complete. I am noticing wondering if they will be opening the sidewalks in this area before they even open the building. Either way, looks a thousand times better

The street level is starting to look fairly complete. I am noticing wondering if they will be opening the sidewalks in this area before they even open the building. Either way, looks a thousand times better
I live close by and am hoping we get the sidewalks back sooner. Certainly looks like it’s the plan .. fingers crossed!

I live close by and am hoping we get the sidewalks back sooner. Certainly looks like it’s the plan .. fingers crossed!
Yeah I am from a small town. I don't live in Toronto so I have never had to deal with the long sidewalk closures and hoarding that you guys always have to deal with. I can't imagine. Could definitely see why it would put a sour case and everyone's mouth about development when you lose entire streetscapes for multiple years to get these buildings constructed

Frankly, I'm not complaining. Had it not been more temperate, the 5+ days of rain we've had would've been way too much snow.
To be clear, I'm not looking for an Alpine snow dumping or the brass monkey cold here...rather that shining spherical thing we see in a blue sky that makes everything so much more bright and cheerful, which has been of notably absence for a week plus now. /sigh

To be clear, I'm not looking for an Alpine snow dumping or the brass monkey cold here...rather that shining spherical thing we see in a blue sky that makes everything so much more bright and cheerful, which has been of notably absence for a week plus now. /sigh
I'm with you on that. Some sun would be nice. But thankfully sun and snow are not mutually inclusive. I'd like some mid-fall like cool days with sunshine.

A little more clean-up work happening today. It was interesting to watch them strap all of the remaining cable spools to have the crane lift them all at once. I was a bit concerned they would damage the small column the reels banged into as they were being hoisted.

20231230_143206.jpg
20231230_143354.jpg
20231230_143403.jpg
20231230_143423.jpg
20231230_143457.jpg

A little more clean-up work happening today. It was interesting to watch them strap all of the remaining cable spools to have the crane lift them all at once. I was a bit concerned they would damage the small column the reels banged into as they were being hoisted.

View attachment 530380View attachment 530381View attachment 530382View attachment 530383View attachment 530384
Excellent documentation of the little things that we would never see otherwise. Cheers!

Thought I'd post some photos to show the progression of the tower during 2023... Three pairs of shots...

First pair - from the NE corner of Yonge and Bloor, taken Jan 6 and Dec 29.

Second pair - from by the old entrance to The Bay, on Bloor, east of Yonge... taken Jan 6 (never published before) and Dec 22.

Third pair, taken from Yonge and Dundas, on Jan 6 and Dec 15.

Back in early January 2023, the forms were at about the level of the first mechanical section, where the Rail Climbing Systems now reside, a year later.

2023 01 06 1 Bloor.jpeg
2023 12 29 1 Bloor.jpeg

UTIMG_1558.jpg
2023 12 22 Bloor by Bay.jpeg
2023 01 06 Yonge St.jpeg
2023 12 08 from Yonge.jpeg

Thought I'd post some photos to show the progression of the tower during 2023... Three pairs of shots...

First pair - from the NE corner of Yonge and Bloor, taken Jan 6 and Dec 29.

Second pair - from by the old entrance to The Bay, on Bloor, east of Yonge... taken Jan 6 (never published before) and Dec 22.

Third pair, taken from Yonge and Dundas, on Jan 6 and Dec 15.

Back in early January 2023, the forms were at about the level of the first mechanical section, where the Rail Climbing Systems now reside, a year later.

View attachment 530823View attachment 530822

View attachment 530819View attachment 530821View attachment 530824View attachment 530820
So it's roughly 30+ floors a year........optimistically two more years............they may open the commercial part earlier hopefully.

So it's roughly 30+ floors a year........optimistically two more years............they may open the commercial part earlier hopefully.
The rate they are going right now is closer to 50 floors a year. They picked up the speed quite a bit later in 2023.

I expect this will top out early 2025 at the current rate, completion and occupancy likely late 2025 or early 2026.

Back