Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A less informed response I’ve yet to see. The people who’ve “decided to keep the building going” are poised to lose hundreds of millions and are frantically trying to mitigate their losses, in vain in my opinion.

Go ahead and pretend that this project isn’t the biggest failure in Toronto condo history and that it isn’t fraught with insane “irregularities”. With that ignorant attitude and perspective on the business you surely must be a pensioned civil ser

I take it you haven't heard of 1 King W have you?

Dude has tunnel vision. In his eyes, it's the only project that's ever gone over budget, been mismanaged and won't be finished....lol.

Did you know that I hold the record for the longest active editing streak on Wikipedia?

I even applied for a Guinness World Record for this achievement. Unfortunately, I was not given the record as it was deemed "uncompetitive" and because it is possible for bots to hold the record.

Congrats Johnny, love your passion about our city.

November 11, 2023:

View attachment 519610View attachment 519611View attachment 519612

I took this while I am attending the WikiConference North America 2023 held at the Toronto Reference Library a few blocks to the north, which runs from Friday, November 10 to Sunday, November 12.

I showed my fellow Wikipedians my photos of The One and they are very impressed.

Did you know that I hold the record for the longest active editing streak on Wikipedia?

I even applied for a Guinness World Record for this achievement. Unfortunately, I was not given the record as it was deemed "uncompetitive" and because it is possible for bots to hold the record.
That's awesome! 🎊 Congratulations Johnny!

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my contributions here at UT and on Wikipedia.

Part 1 of 2 taken on November 12, 2023:

Bay and Cumberland:

IMG_0883.jpeg

Balmuto Side:

IMG_0886.jpeg

Back Alley:

IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0888.jpeg

Bloor Side:

IMG_0890.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0884.jpeg
IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0891.jpeg
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0893.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg
IMG_0896.jpeg

Harry Stinson was run out of town. His principal investor lost a fortune and his reputation was tarnished. And his losses were a fraction of this one. The building had structural issues for years after it was completed.

This one will be an order of magnitude worse all around, I predict, based on what I’ve been reading and hearing.

Carry on fanboys. You’re all correct I’m merely stating my opinion based on the facts I’ve read and will refrain from further comments unless new facts are presented.

Enjoy the fireworks and hope everyone stays safe and happy.

Harry Stinson was run out of town. His principal investor lost a fortune and his reputation was tarnished. And his losses were a fraction of this one. The building had structural issues for years after it was completed.

This one will be an order of magnitude worse all around, I predict, based on what I’ve been reading and hearing.

Carry on fanboys. You’re all correct I’m merely stating my opinion based on the facts I’ve read and will refrain from further comments unless new facts are presented.

Enjoy the fireworks and hope everyone stays safe and happy.

Great! But 1 King West is still there, still a nice prestigious building and a great addition to our skyline.

Yes, maybe this will happen to Mizrahi but most of us don't care about that. We're interested in the building itself. I'm glad you've decided to move on and stop speculating about possible structural issues this building might have when it's complete. In two years you can come back and tell us all how you knew Mizrahi would be living in a basement apartment and you called this, but we'll still be looking at the building with admiration and be happy it's part of our skyline.

For anyone that hasn't gone through the condo buying process... purchasers are putting up 20% of their purchase price in a deposit structure within the first couple years of purchasing. The other 80% of the purchase price isn't paid to the developer until the building is registered. Additionally (and while there might be some legal way to get around it, especially considering the receivership aspect of this particular building) if a project is cancelled deposits are paid back to purchasers.

That is why the math is better for all involved to finish constructing this building, even if at a loss for investors because stopping the project means everyone is out all the money already spent on the project. At least if they build it, occupy and register the building they can get all the money flowing in from purchasers and potentially have the change to break even, which is a heck of a lot better than the guaranteed loss that results if they stop the project now.

Back