Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I don't think it's out of the question that the fruit store may come back to the table with this now in receivership and under court oversight - at the least this will result in more certainty around timelines and eventual completion which I'm sure they were lacking before based on previous filings

I don't think it's out of the question that the fruit store may come back to the table with this now in receivership and under court oversight - at the least this will result in more certainty around timelines and eventual completion which I'm sure they were lacking before based on previous filings

Alternatively, 'Good Life' could relocate from the Manulife Centre........... LOL *Ducks*

Some tidbits from the court filings:
1. The project has recently lost its anchor retail tenant (i.e. Apple is out). No replacement yet.
2. Estimated completion date is currently March 2025, but that the realistic date is July 2025.
3. Estimated budget is now over $2 billion.

But to be clear, as ChesterCopperpot posted above, construction is continuing and as of now the building will be finished.
Where are you finding the court filings?

I say put an "erewhon" in the replacement since it's like a super high-end grocery out of LA. They are mainly boutique grocery so the square footage required isn't that much.

Last edited:
Wasn't the whole complex design of the lobby based around Apple being the anchor tenant there? If so, what a waste of all the complicated work for nothing.

I certainly hope we don't end up with a bank, Shoppers or even Dollarama filling in that space going forward.
I'd love to see a Dollarama go in that epic space - it would be the greatest retail troll ever.

I wouldn't agree with that. I'd be surprised if rising interest rates, being on the brink of recession and a post-covid move away from "luxury" doesn't play a much bigger part in all of it than Mizrahi's operations themselves.

The anti-Mizrahi doom-and-gloom was already well under way long before breaking ground.
Though that post is pretty misleading claim as most who posted here tend to be supportive of this project.

...albeit, I will agree with the sentiment that Mizrahi was a bit fudgey with the financing of this, to put it mildly. So I guess the chickens have finally come home to roost here.

The good news is that we won't end up with The Stump 2.0. And so this show will still go on, for what it's worth. .

Though that post is pretty misleading claim as most who posted here tend to be supportive of this project.

...albeit, I will agree with the sentiment that Mizrahi was a bit fudgey with the financing of this, to put it mildly. So I guess the chickens have finally come home to roost here.

The good news is that we won't end up with The Stump 2.0. And so this show will still go on, for what it's worth. .

What was the stump 1.0? YSL/Concord Sky?

Back