Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Since we've compared this project to the Empire State Building and Great Pyramids of Egypt...perhaps we should compare this to the Eiffel Tower or it's Tokyo equivalents as well. And whatever else we can think of that was built tall through the ages. I mean all these where built the same way, right? /s

Regarding the pyramids, nobody is sure exactly how they were built...

Today.
IMG_5353D.jpeg
IMG_5354D.jpeg
IMG_5355D.jpeg
IMG_5356D.jpeg
IMG_5357D.jpeg
IMG_5358D.jpeg
IMG_5361D.jpeg
IMG_5360D.jpeg
IMG_5359D.jpeg

Last edited:
I know I asked a GC on a site in the Yorkville area what the daily complement was and I was told 14. (building was below-grade, but rising at the time); that was the forming crew + crane operator and didn't include drivers of the cement trucks.

I did ask if was ever more; and he said yes, but they had peaked at under-30 at one time, at that point.

The GC may have been talking about  his complement (labourers and swampers), or just the forming (form guys, rodmen, concrete, finishers)

Depending on the job it's nothing for me to run 15-20 guys just for the cladding. You're definitely not putting up a tower with 30 guys. Between the structure, electrical, plumbing, sprinklers, HVAC, windows, elevators, drywall... And every trade is going to have at least a dozen guys

The GC may have been talking about  his complement (labourers and swampers), or just the forming (form guys, rodmen, concrete, finishers)

Entirely possible, I agree.

Depending on the job it's nothing for me to run 15-20 guys just for the cladding. You're definitely not putting up a tower with 30 guys. Between the structure, electrical, plumbing, sprinklers, HVAC, windows, elevators, drywall... And every trade is going to have at least a dozen guys

Obviously, for the below-grade building I was discussing, windows/cladding would not have been on site yet. I assume some of others would have been, but no idea. I assume (but you would know better) that peak traffic on-site is somewhere closer to fit up, at least a few levels above grade.

At any rate, suffice to say, the 3,000 on-site at ESB is in a different league from what we see today!

Wasn’t the ESB a government project thus commanding a lot of resources not normally available?

Oh gaawwd. Now I'm gonna see 4 at all hangar sections!

|
|
|
|

Now how do I mirror this? 🤣 🤣

Back