Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Friday 16th June

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

And by this week I mean....today! I perhaps may be a floor off but the reality is these are meant to be used as more of a "here's more or less what's left" and "here's how long that's taken". Life is busy so details may be missed but will mean I can get more diagrams out. If you have any concerns you can take it up with my new manager, Mrs. Contra ;)

The One - June 19.jpg

The One Timeline 2022-23.jpg

The One Timeline.jpg

And by this week I mean....today! I perhaps may be a floor off but the reality is these are meant to be used as more of a "here's more or less what's left" and "here's how long that's taken". Life is busy so details may be missed but will mean I can get more diagrams out. If you have any concerns you can take it up with my new manager, Mrs. Contra ;)

View attachment 486478

View attachment 486479

View attachment 486481
Wow that is crazy.

Empire state building started construction in March 1930 and was opened in May 1931. And from March 2021 till May 2022, they only went up by a few stories.

Wow that is crazy.

Empire state building started construction in March 1930 and was opened in May 1931. And from March 2021 till May 2022, they only went up by a few stories.

Construction methods, regulations and safety standards have changed since then so it is not an appropriate comparison. This project is slow compared to other condo projects in the city but not that slow considering the complexity of the design, the location, the restricted site size.

And how many workers were killed

5 were officially confirmed, though at least 14 were rumoured.

or injured during its construction?

I don't think there is an official answer for this.......but lots.

What would really boggle the mind though is the crew size.........

On a peak-day, the ESB had 3,000 workers on-site, at the same time!

I'm not sure what 'The One' is at.......but on most hirise sites in Toronto its rare to see a crew above 25 with any regularity; though peak crews can be much larger.

5 were officially confirmed, though at least 14 were rumoured.

I don't think there is an official answer for this.......but lots.

What would really boggle the mind though is the crew size.........

On a peak-day, the ESB had 3,000 workers on-site, at the same time!

I'm not sure what 'The One' is at.......but on most hirise sites in Toronto its rare to see a crew above 25 with any regularity; though peak crews can be much larger.

25 per trade, maybe. A typical high rise has probably got a couple hundred guys on site

25 per trade, maybe. A typical high rise has probably got a couple hundred guys on site

Aside from multi-tower sites like 'The Well' I haven't heard of crews that large except during fit-out.

But perhaps my experience is too limited.

I know I asked a GC on a site in the Yorkville area what the daily complement was and I was told 14. (building was below-grade, but rising at the time); that was the forming crew + crane operator and didn't include drivers of the cement trucks.

I did ask if was ever more; and he said yes, but they had peaked at under-30 at one time, at that point.

Fit out phase can be significantly higher from my understanding. I've heard north of 300 on site every day for single tower, 30 storey range projects.

When you are just doing forming it's lower, but fit-out can start relatively early in the project as forming completed floors.

Since we've compared this project to the Empire State Building and Great Pyramids of Egypt...perhaps we should compare this to the Eiffel Tower or its Tokyo equivalents as well. And whatever else we can think of that was built tall through the ages. I mean all these where built the same way, right? /s

Back