Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A couple tidbits about this development.

1) There was a report before TEYCC yesterday appealing staff denial of a noise exemption permit.

For clarity. Mizrahi was seeking the ability to do extended hours work outside normal permitted hours. Staff denied this for a number of reasons, not least of which is several noise complaints already on file over the last few months.

Mizrahi appealed that denial, which then goes to TEYCC.

I'm unclear on the disposition, which reads as 'Amended', but I don't see the amendment in the docs, maybe I'm just missing it.

2) Perhaps on the above, or perhaps on the appealed matter of building height, or the matter of road occupancy on Balmuto...... There has a been extensive communication between the proponent here and the Councillor's office in the last while (per the Lobbyist Registry)
Apparently they are requesting extended hours for "low-noise" activities, and one of those is concrete pouring. My apartment overlooks the concrete pump on Balmuto, and I can confirm that it is not a low-noise activity. During part of its operation, I believe when it is turned off but I am not sure, there is a very alarming noise similar to a loud explosion. Not something I want to hear at 11 pm. And the trucks are obviously noisy as well.

A couple tidbits about this development.

1) There was a report before TEYCC yesterday appealing staff denial of a noise exemption permit.

For clarity. Mizrahi was seeking the ability to do extended hours work outside normal permitted hours. Staff denied this for a number of reasons, not least of which is several noise complaints already on file over the last few months.

Mizrahi appealed that denial, which then goes to TEYCC.

I'm unclear on the disposition, which reads as 'Amended', but I don't see the amendment in the docs, maybe I'm just missing it.

2) Perhaps on the above, or perhaps on the appealed matter of building height, or the matter of road occupancy on Balmuto...... There has a been extensive communication between the proponent here and the Councillor's office in the last while (per the Lobbyist Registry)
I found a motion by Councillor Saxe, which was carried. It grants the application with many conditions.

I found a motion by Councillor Saxe, which was carried. It grants the application with many conditions.
I will bring that forward for everyone:

1681398562129.png

1681398592177.png

After a while of looking, taking shots of the building and reading the debates of what shades of champaign-gold the panels are. There was just something about the building aesthetics that reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on it...

Until an hour ago while perusing fragrances and it just clicked when I saw these bottles LOL

u_783320971563_01

s1706423-main-zoom.jpg

There ya have it, the first time cologne and a building under construction are mentioned together 🙃

So who wants to be the first to measure the colour of the panel against the Pantone and Munsell colour system?

Last edited:
After a while of looking, taking shots of the building and reading the debates of what shades of champaign-gold the panels are. There was just something about the building aesthetics that reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on it...

Until an hour ago while perusing fragrances and it just clicked when I saw these bottles LOL

u_783320971563_01

s1706423-main-zoom.jpg

There ya have it, the first time cologne and a building under construction are mentioned together 🙃

So who wants to be the first to measure the colour of the panel against the Pantone and Munsell colour system?
The colour is in some plan somewhere. It's just a matter of finding it.

Can someone here elaborate on what carried means? I am unfamiliar (though I probably shouldn't be)
Accepted. Approved. Confirmed.

The "motion" (proposal) is "carried" (will continue to be moved forward)

You might also say "the motion was carried by (__) votes" which would mean that number of people "carried" the motion, as in they voted for it and got the majority.

The opposite would be either motion rejected or lost.

Does that make sense?

When I drove by there today there was a delivery truck with rebar in the shape of the super columns on it.

Actually they are dismantling the current enclosure right now, but they have until Monday to build a new one.

Back