Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

This is so much better than having the Bloor and Bathurst stories in the newspapers an hour after the meeting. Thats great that Global News aired this an hour early!

Same renderings from in this thread / the database listing

This is so much better than having the Bloor and Bathurst stories in the newspapers an hour after the meeting. Thats great that Global News aired this an hour early!

You can bet that Mizrahi reached out to the media in a big way. Great marketing for his project getting that sort of exposure.

They claim that they were unaware of anything involving heritage when designing this. Creating an important monument to Stolley was apparently a priority.

What does that even mean? If they are going to plead ignorance like that, then that's just typical developer-grade BS. "We just didn't realize and we really wanted to honour the legacy..."

Naw. You purchased the property, you know how things work in development, and you purposely had it torn down before anything could be done.

Stone were preserved as a "gift back to the city".

A gift to us! /s

How generous of Sam to gift those dismantled architectural details to the public of Toronto!

JKsBa7t.jpg

Attachments

• JKsBa7t.jpg
    JKsBa7t.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:
The height is interesting actually, it's a good deal higher than Mirvish's towers on King. I wonder if he'll get all 318 metres?

That is something I wonder about too. Wasn't the Holt Renfrew Tower at 50 Bloor Street West chopped from 277m to 230m because of shadowing on the Jesse Ketchum school yards?

If The One gets approved at 317m, I can see Holt Renfrew (literally right across the street) going to the OMB to get back the original 277m.

Last edited:
If it gets built like this I will be very satisfied. Nothing for me to complain about. Thank you Mizrahi and thank you F+C.

Also a big thank you to the whole UT team for having this up and ready at 7 for all of us who could not make it to the unveiling.

There should be a Stollerys Stone inside the atrium to kiss for good luck rather than attempting to affix it to this structure. It will become a Sam the Record Man sign situation

This is fantastic. Love the structural expression, and how it meets the street. The interior shots make it seem so transparent and fluid. My only criticism is the top - why can't the diagrid finish off and reflect the base, like a crown?

Back