Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I think the time has come to start the annual contest - guess how many floors will this building have by December 31, 2021.

Since the building has got the permits and we are done with the below ground work, it might be easier to predict this time around.

This can go up relatively fast from this point on. The complex foundations and first floor are behind us. The super columns are pre-fab’d. Drop them in place, put up scaffolding and lay iron for the floor above, pour and move onto the next. A few floors a week?
They still have to build the support slab for the tower elevators, then it will start to rise quickly.

Today

5D177805-1BAE-436D-A694-E8D1113E9533.jpeg

AED6062A-860C-43DE-B546-53ED1D8BF506.jpeg

I guess 24 floors by end of 2021 (but top out sometime in '22). I think it will keep being very slow until the hotel floors, then relatively slow until above the mechanical section and the sky lobby floor for the condos. It will shoot up after that, but we'll only get to that point by the later part of the year.

Anyone knows if these new columns are only for the 2nd floor or for both the 2nd and 3rd floors? I know the top of the columns are almost flushed with the west elevator slab, which has reached the 4th floor, but that part of the building has lower ceiling height.

Anyone knows if these new columns are only for the 2nd floor or for both the 2nd and 3rd floors? I know the top of the columns are almost flushed with the west elevator slab, which has reached the 4th floor, but that part of the building has lower ceiling height.

@Contra - you have been summoned...

According to the plans, the floor that was just poured is actually Level 03, Restaurant (event space). The height of this level is 5.45 meters. The new super-column looks taller than Level 03 for sure, but I don't think it reaches the ceiling of Level 04. Level 04 is another 6 meters tall.

1609429613902.png

That protrusion near the top of the new columns is probably where the floor of Level 4 will be connected.
1609429771062.png

Attachments

• 1609429560670.png
    1609429560670.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 168
I can’t tell from the photos of the super columns how the sections of the rebar cages of those columns are connected to each other. I see no evidence that the top plate of the bottom section is welded to the bottom plate of the section sitting on top of it. Are they bolted together or simply balancing one on top of the other and connected with the concrete fill? Looks like the weakest areas would be where the rebar column sections are connected to each other???

Last edited:
I can tell from the photos of the super columns how the sections of the rebar cages of those columns are connected to each other. I see no evidence that the top plate of the bottom section is welded to the bottom plate of the section sitting on top of it. Are they bolted together or simply balancing one on top of the other and connected with the concrete fill? Looks like the weakest areas would be where the rebar column sections are connected to each other???
They are bolted together.

Can't wait for the New Year to see the rest of that go up! /squee

Thanks thaivic. In the photos It doesn’t look like there’s enough space to fit in a bolt.

Back