Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I don't know about anybody else but I think I love that stone just a little bit more this morning.

lol
I think your calling may be in writing urban folk songs

First time I genuinely laughed out loud on this site, bravo freshcutgrass. I'll leave an offering at the Stone for you and ask it to give you a bountiful harvest.

For anyone unfamiliar with FCG's urban folk song, it's a lightly rewritten version of Spinal Tap's 'Stonehenge', and as Canadian Choco succinctly observes, it goes to eleven.

I can't remember this much indignation in Toronto...ranks right up there with the kidnapping of the Active Surplus gorilla.

I fear for the future of this project though, as you just know that a curse is attached to this STOLLERY STONE.

We need a rendering...or something. fast

I hope they dumped those Stollery Stone fragments where the fish swim or someone will request they be painstakingly re-assembed.

I don't think Ripley's have a need for it. It would be a nice little gesture here though.

Cue the KWT faux outrage. When will she be unaware this time?

The facade of Hue's is quite impressive. I would be sad to see it torn down... I don't have a lot of faith in Mizrahi and his "vision" so we might be losing all these heritage buildings for something truly awful (a la Hazleton/Davenport).

Funny how many people are freaking out about Stollery's and yet I haven't seen one article or any outrage about the last of the Dickinson Regent Park buildings coming down. I'd say the Dickinson buildings were much more significant to our history.

I'd agree about the Dickinson Regent Park buildings - not sure why they couldn't have saved just one to refurbish.

Also, Hue's facade has infinitely more heritage value than Stollery's did. This one would be a shame to lose.

Funny how many people are freaking out about Stollery's and yet I haven't seen one article or any outrage about the last of the Dickinson Regent Park buildings coming down. I'd say the Dickinson buildings were much more significant to our history.

...or those stores at Queen and Ontario that came down illegally a few years ago. the city said they were going after the guy, but we hear nothing about it in the news or here.

Did anyone here petition the heritage society to get Stollerys listed?

Back