Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I could go into much detail though I imagine I shouldn't. She didn't break into anyone's homes or cars or anything but she would go through back packs, purses etc while the floor was busy and she knew staff wouldn't catch her. I will leave it at that. If moderators feel this is inappropriate I will understand if my posts get deleted lol

She was proably being robbed blind by her noble employees.

Point being... I would in no way be surprised if she is just staging efforts to "save" this building to make her self look good. Like a champion of the people.

Most of "The People" couldn't care less about Stollery's. The only thing that matters is the quality of the new building. It's a seperate issue, lets focus on that.

Most of "The People" couldn't care less about Stollery's. The only thing that matters is the quality of the new building. It's a seperate issue, lets focus on that.

Actually, the difficult and sad truth is that most people don't care about that either.

AoD

Last edited:
Point being... I would in no way be surprised if she is just staging efforts to "save" this building to make her self look good. Like a champion of the people.

Yup, this seems to be standard councilor behavior. I believe my councilor, Josh Matlow with all his crying and NIMBY-ism, regularly does the same. You just need to stage an "effort" to appeal against the OMB (or if downtown, make some lousy attempt at the Heritage Board), tweet or write about it on your website or to the Toronto Star to paint a preferable impression to the NIMBY crowd and subsequently forget it ever happened. The Art Shoppe location being a recent case and point.

The funny thing is that these councilors who have now been doing this for years never seem to learn and always seem to be outsmarted by developers. Wonder why that is.

Wong Tam knows damn well that her "recommendation" letter is as good as fire wood, she's been in the game long enough to know better, she wrote that letter to show her constituents that she tried, its a bunch of total B.S, I've meet her in person a few times and have zero respect for the way she conducts city business.

If that's true then I actually have to give her the proper respect due in this case. It seems she saw exactly the same things that people (without their blinders on) saw: a franken-building that needed to be put out of its misery.

If that's true then I actually have to give her the proper respect due in this case. It seems she saw exactly the same things that people (without their blinders on) saw: a franken-building that needed to be put out of its misery.

She is all smoke and mirrors, I would put her in the top 3 list of shady councillors in the hall, at least Rob Ford with all his problems was real.

The more idle the accusations get, the less wanted they are here. Enough.

In our front page story on this, we include what we believe to be the full extent of the site: 768 Yonge (the Top Tea immediately north of the Rogers store in the old Uptown Cinemas entryway) all the way up Yonge to Bloor, plus 1 and 11 Bloor West of course.

TheOneGoogStVNW960.jpg

image from Google Street View

Attachments

• TheOneGoogStVNW960.jpg
    TheOneGoogStVNW960.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 760
So to change topic..

Mizrahi Developments are known for doing custom homes, even for condo projects. IIRC their Hazelton midrise was all custom units.

I suppose that is not going to be happening here at 1 Bloor West, given that we might be looking at something in the range of 70s?

In our front page story on this, we include what we believe to be the full extent of the site: 768 Yonge (the Top Tea immediately north of the Rogers store in the old Uptown Cinemas entryway) all the way up Yonge to Bloor, plus 1 and 11 Bloor West of course.42

Given what transpired, I am concerned about how the facade of Hue's Kitchen will be dealt with, and what the city is prepared to do about it.

AoD

Tewder:

I disagree - legal responsibility is one thing, moral/ethical responsibility is another - and it is in the latter that developer had failed utterly.
AoD

They would only have failed if the building were worthy of preservation. Since it isn't, they have fulfilled their moral/ethical responsibility. And I like how they acted quickly to ward off some 12th hour attempt at trying to designate it. Like I said...they should be given an award.

We are our own worst enemy here in good ole TO.

Back