Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/729703257489166336
Delighted to meet members of CERIECO who are partnering w/ Mizrahi Developments on The One tower at Yonge & Bloor.

Hahaha, WTF does a "wholly state-owned company with independent legal status mean??

Established in 1993, China-East Resources Import & Export Co. (CERIECO) is a wholly state-owned company with independent legal status. CERIECO’s main scope of business covers :
http://cerieco.com/en/?optionid=437

Hahaha, WTF does a "wholly state-owned company mean??

Established in 1993, China-East Resources Import & Export Co. (CERIECO) is a wholly state-owned company with independent legal status. CERIECO’s main scope of business covers :
http://cerieco.com/en/?optionid=437
It means it's a company wholly owned by the state? Not sure how that could be broken down any further.

Lame... Apparently because of the "overwhelming request from the community to defer this matter"... Interestingly enough the deferral could jeopardize securing the "globally recognized" tenant (which has to be Apple. Not sure if its been discussed in this thread, but apparently there's a deal where the application has to be approved by June) .

Starts at the 4:13:40 mark... surprisingly interesting to watch. I can't believe the amount of resources that go into these applications... KWT communication style really rubs me the wrong way.

For the reasoning behind the motion for a one month deferral:
youtu.be/YVnn5E7d_EA?t=24977

Edit: looks like the video was updated. I updated the links and start time accordingly.

Last edited:
She is very snarky in this discussion. Which is not professional either. Sure don't smile, be professional, but conducting oneself with a hint of pleasantness is never a bad thing. This has nothing to do with misogyny. I just don't understand why she wants to derail this project so badly.

Lame... Apparently because of the "overwhelming request from the community to defer this matter"... Interestingly enough the deferral could jeopardize securing the "globally recognized" tenant (which has to be Apple. Not sure if it's been discussed in this thread, but apparently there's a deal where the application has to be approved by June) .

Starts at the 40:00 mark... surprisingly interesting to watch. I can't believe the amount of resources that go into these applications... KWT communication style really rubs me the wrong way.

For the reasoning behind the motion for a one month deferral:
youtu.be/YVnn5E7d_EA?t=12233

That was indeed surprisingly interesting to watch. The laneway capacity is a very good reason to defer this. I found myself nodding in agreement at the residents' objections even though I want this tower to rise. They're going to have to find a solution.

'If you approve this stupid building you're going to be the laughing stock of the world" — senior citizen :D hahaha

looks like she got exactly what she wanted all along, she simply attacked the development the entire time even though staff agreed their were no issues with the laneways and brought up the deadline with the major tenant a lot as if she's happy they may back out and derail the entire project. Pretty sad

Back