IMG_9452.jpeg
IMG_9453.jpeg
IMG_9454.jpeg
IMG_9455.jpeg
IMG_9456.jpeg
IMG_9457.jpeg
IMG_9458.jpeg
IMG_9459.jpeg

As this development is using the black covered platforms that will rise with the glazing installation, will they need to also build a canopy above the fruit store similar to the one that was built at Aura and shown below.

View attachment 497698

My understanding is that such a platform will be attached just below the first mechanical section. I could be wrong though.

Photos taken today, Friday (Aug. 4). Since my last sets of photos a week ago, the tower has gone up another level, with the corner scaffolds up one level, and the rest of the blue scaffolds up a level save, it seems, for the super-column ones. Are they now pouring the mechanical levels?

After my usual "time-lapse" photo for the album on Flickr, shots of the progress of the addition of the windows/skin on the 7th level (I think it's the 7th level...) behind the RCS platforms. First, the NW corner is now complete and the windows now go along the top of that structure abutting the tower on the west side. The next shot shows the SW corner, windows now almost to the end of the entire west side. Perhaps the cladding will be added next week and we will see the RCS move up one level on the east and north sides? (The west RCS is already higher to clear that abutting structure.)

And a few more wide shots: seen from the south at Yonge and Alexander, the tower almost now blocks the view of 2 Bloor W, and the new tower(s) behind; then from Bloor in front of Holt Renfrew; finally from Cumberland east of Bay, two shots.

Here are links to my two Flickr albums on this project, the "time-lapse" and the overall project album:

UTIMG_8577.jpg
UTIMG_8632.jpg
UTIMG_8669.jpg
UTIMG_8543.jpg
UTIMG_8679.jpg
UTIMG_8704.jpg
UTIMG_8724.jpg

What is the supertall? a few doors west of The One, and why don't I see it in the 100 M list?

It's this guy below:
19 Bloor West

1691506500800.png

This definitely shouldn't be built in its current form. It's going through the processes of approval. Not sure what the current status is.

Edit: Updated Blood to Bloor! :D

Last edited:

Back