Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The crane grew taller today:

20230728_090549.jpg
20230728_142751.jpg
20230728_142812.jpg

PART 1: Photos taken today, Friday (July 28). My usual single post split into two, the first here is showing the windows going up behind the RCS scaffolding and some other shots.

As usual, I start with the wide beauty shot, with the blue scaffolding on the top and the corners having gone up one level since the last "time lapse" photo from a week ago.

Next, it seems the seventh floor windows now have mostly been installed, from the SE corner, along the east face, and most of the north face. The working platforms in the RCS units are flush to the windows and can swing up, presumably so the cladding sections can be placed. Maybe the windows for the seventh floor on the west side will be installed as before as the RCS is a floor higher. So photos going from the SE corner to the NE corner, the north side and a glimpse of the NW corner which has yet to have the windows placed.

A wide shot from Bay/Cumberland, and a shot of the crane with the temporary elevator now raised three more floors, to the 30th floor.

My "time-lapse" album on Flickr link Oct 2020-Jul 2023:

UTIMG_7399.jpg
UTIMG_7210.jpg
UTIMG_7103.jpg
UTIMG_7176.jpg
UTIMG_7359.jpg
UTIMG_7343.jpg
UTIMG_7319.jpg
UTIMG_7279.jpg

Last edited:
PART 2: Photos taken today, Friday (July 28). As seen above in Benito's post, the newest set of braces for the newly raised crane were installed today. Here is the street view.... Starting with several smaller pieces being craned up, then the installation of the first of the three attachment beams.

UTIMG_7523.jpg
UTIMG_7539.jpg
UTIMG_7847.jpg
UTIMG_7867.jpg
UTIMG_7915.jpg
UTIMG_7990.jpg
UTIMG_8057.jpg
UTIMG_8125.jpg
UTIMG_8229.jpg

Last edited:
Curious. With all the crane bracing on the south side of the tower, how will they get the curtainwall completed?

Curious. With all the crane bracing on the south side of the tower, how will they get the curtainwall completed?
It is not just the bracing but also the construction hoists. If it is done in a way similar to other buildings, some sections of the south side have to to be done after the tower tops out and crane and hoists are removed.

Not sure if it's the case here, but sometimes they have un-glazed curtainwall frames for where the braces are, and they coordinate with the crane to temporarily reposition the brace, install the frame, then put the brace back through the frame.

That might be what they're doing here, since they installed right up to the hoist on the lower floors

It is not just the bracing but also the construction hoists. If it is done in a way similar to other buildings, some sections of the south side have to to be done after the tower tops out and crane and hoists are removed.
Yep...they clad around it. And once those are removed, they patch it all up as though nothing was ever there.

after seeing pics of all these workers on beams and cranes tethered, i'm curious if anyone actually slips and dangles? I know obviously if a worker unfortunately fell untethered, it would be all over the news. But i assume if they just slip and they dangle and get pulled back up, that wouldn't be on the news and nobody would hear about it. does that ever happen?

Back