Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

We'll see if this constitutes 91 or 92 storeys by our definition once we get fuller architectural plans. We don't count floors that only have mechanical... but in the previous version, the uppermost floor was not just mechanical, but also included space for the penthouse's uppermost floor atriums and roof terraces. If that's still the case, we may end up counting this as a 92-storey building. If not, then 91. We'll let you know!

Does this (from @Northern Light's link above) help?

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 10.16.13 PM.png

So it looks like that protection system is complete on three sides. Do you think they'll start installing cladding now, or do we have to wait for them to put it on the elevator side (south side) of the building too?

I revised my model and made The One 328.4 metres tall. Here is a new render showing the new height and also nearby towers / proposals:

Toronto Model 06-23-23 The One.png

So it looks like that protection system is complete on three sides. Do you think they'll start installing cladding now, or do we have to wait for them to put it on the elevator side (south side) of the building too?
IIRC someone had mentioned that a different system will be employed on the south elevation - but I would also consider that they will use the podium as a staging area for that elevation so they might not need much there.

If past buildings are any indication they still have to smack a big ol' "Mizrahi", "Foster and Partners" and maybe "an Icon is Rising" on top of the protection too

Settlement: 91 storeys, 328.4m

View attachment 487183

I would have loved the 338, but still pretty happy with the 328 and it probably was a nice compromise. Just kind of wanted something that was more then just barely taller then supertall status like 308, so this definitely accomplishes that.

Last edited:
Something I'm curious to see in the plans is how vertical circulation will be addressed for the new observation space. Obviously at least one elevator will have to be public access to the 79th/80th floor, and presumably 2 would be preferable.

I also wonder about queuing space for said elevator.

Something I'm curious to see in the plans is how vertical circulation will be addressed for the new observation space. Obviously at least one elevator will have to be public access to the 79th/80th floor, and presumably 2 would be preferable.

As an owner and future resident, I have my concerns. I am very interested too see how they handle public circulation and security.

I would characterize it less as an observation space and more as a small gallery that an invited guest may also look out the window and enjoy the view. The floorplans for 79-84 are like the lower levels with 10 units per floor, so relatively small spaces. The floor plan for 79 even set aside one of the units as a "party room" (67 sq. m.) so maybe the new gallery? I'm thinking these will be invitation only events, with controlled access and hosts to operate the elevators. Regardless, they have many years to figure it out...

I would characterize it less as an observation space and more as a small gallery that an invited guest may also look out the window and enjoy the view. The floorplans for 79-84 are like the lower levels with 10 units per floor, so relatively small spaces. The floor plan for 79 even set aside one of the units as a "party room" (67 sq. m.) so maybe the new gallery? I'm thinking these will be invitation only events, with controlled access and hosts to operate the elevators.

Entirely possible, we have to await the details. Though, as you describe it, I'm not sure I would characterize it as public observation space, which is how some have characterized this....

Entirely possible, we have to await the details. Though, as you describe it, I'm not sure I would characterize it as public observation space, which is how some have characterized this....
Perhaps they need to change the wording then...

Ahhh, here was the interesting bit.................I was looking for:

1687464621820.png
...because that sure looks like it to me. Sorry.

Back