Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

And on the first floor on the front façade plus the balconies windows. I happen to be in one of the units that because of the little “tweaking” IE did to the original project, got the south (floor to ceiling) windows eliminated plus a circular concrete column; all in order to get another parking level…
I think the original glazing separation from the first row of balconies and the retail units was a unique touch that really added to the design, now all the balconies rest directly to the ledge making the building somewhat more mundane (obviously the needed the height perhaps to allocate it to the extra parking level).
They also increased the number of parking spaces considerably as well as the locker/storage units… there was even a car wash bay that got nicked for the same reason. In my opinion the builder seems to be very “money oriented” and I sincerely hope that the design of the common areas and gardens does not suffer like the inside of the units because of this.
The south “glass corner” of the wedge was definitively a very nice touch but it is now gone along with the glazing above the ledge that runs on Sherbourne.

More grey coming to Toronto. I don't mind grey brick but this city just has much too much grey. The cladding and glass is going up.

DSC00065.jpg

Whoops, what did I do wrong? I have an new iMac and I'm just figuring out how to use it.

Last edited:
Taken today from a moving car, west on Richmond. I noticed how prominent the building looks coming off the DVP onto Richmond, but didn't get my camera out in time to snap a few of those.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 272
Brad J Lamb mentioned in an newspaper article he is looking for a site for one of his new projects in moss park area...

Wasn’t Brad J Lamb associated with the failed Kormann House project in the lot across the street?

Windows installed up to 7th floor.
Building will look similar to Lamb's "East Lofts" and "Victory" Condo on King st with it dark brick
and grey windows

That's a great photo, androiduk - it looks like a mild gust of wind would topple it like a house of cards!

From my POV

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back