Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

Take a look at the Glas thread. Basically same height. I'd say about 2 years.

edit: I just looked at Glas thread, first post says:

"02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Mystery Man TO
Guest Posts: n/a

Glas (King/Spadina @ 25 Oxley St, Niche, 16s, aA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was by today and ground breaking and core drilling machinery were on site. Still no sign of 'Victory' though."

It was finishing construction around February 2009, so yeah, the Modern should take about two years.

Last edited:
Yeah, its total krap this issue...

good, i thought i was the only one thinking condoguide getting worse. A lot of the articles are repeats and, as you guys mentioned, less advertising. I heard it's not cheap to advertise in CG ($1000+/issue for a single-sided page?? can anyone confirm?)

Is that excavator, er, excavating, or just demolishing?

I would love to see this one officially underway. Moving the design-led gentrification of King East ever northward is only for the good, in my opinion.

DSCN4511.jpg

Who has purchased in this building? I'm curious what types of deals can be negotiated for units in this type of building.

I was looking at a few units and, per sq. ft., they seem quite expensive. For example, a 1+den 655 sq.ft. is going for $289,900 w/out parking. That's a bit over $440/sq.ft. Am I wrong to think that's quite high? What kind of prices are realistic?

Lastly, a sales rep tells me that occupancy is expected to be mid 2010. What is your realistic prediction? I don't see that date happening but I'm hoping maybe by the end of 2010.

Thanks.

Who has purchased in this building? I'm curious what types of deals can be negotiated for units in this type of building.

I was looking at a few units and, per sq. ft., they seem quite expensive. For example, a 1+den 655 sq.ft. is going for $289,900 w/out parking. That's a bit over $440/sq.ft. Am I wrong to think that's quite high? What kind of prices are realistic?

Lastly, a sales rep tells me that occupancy is expected to be mid 2010. What is your realistic prediction? I don't see that date happening but I'm hoping maybe by the end of 2010.

Thanks.

In other words your hoping this development gets a bit delayed ,so you can wheel and deal for a couple of cheap units.:D

I assume 3 or 4 levels of underground parking. That alone will take an average 5 to 7 months to construct. Mid 2010 is ridiculous. I don't see the building registering until summer/fall 2011. (not going to even predict early occupancy)

I've made guesses based on 1m per storey once construction breaks ground, so if they start in June 2009, I say December 2010.

that's quite the aggressive schedule. i suspect 2011 / 2012 to be more realistic.

Maybe ppl here don't read my posts? I said before: Glas took 2 years from start to finish, and Glas was similar height/design to this building.

July 2011 move in date imho.

Maybe you are right.:D
I would safely assume 30 months minimum from groundbreaking.

Back